Problem with fonts

sobaka11
      Hi!
      This is my application:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" >
      <mx:Style>
      @font-face {
      src: url(augustus.ttf); ---------> when I use here font Gothic.ttf all is correct, but augustus.tff makes errors
      fontFamily: "Sketchy";
      }
      .myStyle1{fontFamily:"Sketchy"; fontSize:12pt}
      </mx:Style>

<mx:Text id="text1" styleName="myStyle1" text="Sketchy"/>
      <mx:Button label="Rotate +1" click="++text1.rotation;"/>
      <mx:Button label="Rotate -1" click="--text1.rotation;"/>
      <mx:TextArea id="ta1" height="200" width="400" text=""/>
      </mx:Application>

When I use font Gothic.ttf all is right, but there are errors with augustus.ttf:
      --exception during transcoding: Unexpected exception encountered while reading font file augustus.ttf
        • 1. Re: Problem with fonts
          sobaka11 Level 1
          I'm trying now to convert augustus.tff into augustus.swf in Flash. I follow instructions in - Creating Flash 8 files with embedded FlashType fonts- tutorial. I've made 4 dynamic textfields with augustus font, embed letters in them(lowercase, punctuation), then exported into augustus.swf file. My code:

<mx:Style>
          @font-face {
          src:url("augustus.swf");---here is the error
          fontWeight:normal;

fontFamily: myFont;
          }
          .myStyle1 {
          fontFamily:"myFont";
          fontSize:12pt
          }

</mx:Style>

But the error is: font 'myFont' with normal weight and regular style not found
          • 2. Re: Problem with fonts
            _jsor
            Can anyone help with this one, as I'm having exactly the same problem with this one. I've constucted my SWF exactly as the LiveDocs suggest, yet I get the "ont 'myFont' with normal weight and regular style not found" error.

We're also running a thread on this here: http://www.flexdeveloper.eu/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1159524481
            if anyone would like to offer a solution.

thanks in advance!
            • 3. Re: Problem with fonts
              Shawn Makinson Level 1
              I'm also getting: exception during transcoding: Unexpected exception encountered while reading font file

I have not been able to embed any fonts so far. Please help. I am on a mac. I actually want to use a font that is postscript, but I have tried true type since I guess thats all that is supported. Please post your results if anyone can help. I may call Adobe, we get some tech support included with the purchase of flexbuilder, right?

Thanks!
              • 4. Re: Problem with fonts
                jlm23 Level 1
                The following works for me in a separate css file.

@font-face{
                src:url("C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/Arial.ttf");
                fontFamily: ttArial;
                flashType:true;
                }
                • 5. Re: Problem with fonts
                  Shawn Makinson Level 1
                  Thanks for the response. I am on a mac and the only way I am able to get my current set of fonts to work is by using src:local("FontName"). this goes for Truetype. postscript, etc...

I did however manage to get the url() format to work on a few fonts after I had a friend convert them from my postscript font to a true type. Perhaps there is something different about how I should point to a standard mac font that I am unaware of. If anyone knows, please post it here.

Thanks!