2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 2:08 AM by TimEm

Is it possible to link to a specific location in a PDF file

TimEm Level 1
      I want to link from a chm file to a specific lociation (page or bookmark) bookmark prefered in a PDF file. Is this possible.

I am using RH7
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to link to a specific location in a PDF file
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Tim

See if the article below helps with that.

Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to link to a specific location in a PDF file
            TimEm Level 1
            Thanks for that

Unfortunately it did not work as I need to link to a pdf on the local hard drive which according to the article is not supported. See text below:

Note: If you use UNC server locations (\\servername\folder) in a link, then set the link to open to a set destination using the procedure in the following section. If you use URLS containing local hard drive addresses (c:\folder\), then you cannot link to page numbers or set destinations. With Adobe Acrobat 7.0 products, a link to a page number only works if you use HTTP or HTTPS locations. UNC server locations will only work if you use the set destinations method outlined in the following section of this document.

Any more ideas. Someone suggested converting the PDF to a chm but I would really like to just link to the pdf as this would make life alot easier for updates etc. I tried importing one into RH anyway but the results were not very good. Are they any tools that can do a better job? Text