1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 3:52 PM by kglad

class files and movie clips in AS2.0

eholz1 Level 1
      Hello forum members,
      I have a real lack of understanding on how to perform some actions on a movie clip using
      a class file. I like to concept of using a class in lieu of actionscript (2.0 for this app) on the timeline of my fla file.
      I am using AS2.0 TweenLite from greensock.
      I have a movieclip in the fla library, linkage for the clip is "quiz_bg"

I would like to be able to place the clip on the stage in the class file using "attachMovie"
      Once on the stage, I would like to move it.

My questions are: How do I correctly reference the movie clip in the library in the class file?
      How do I correctly instantiate the class in the fla? It is one thing to put a trace statement in a constructor, and see the trace displayed, it is something else to put a movieclip on the stage, and then do something with it! (at least for me). Here is the code I am trying to use to accomplish this task:

class RdoRotate extends MovieClip
      {
      private var clip:String;
      private var rdo_mc:MovieClip;
      rdo_mc = this;

public function RdoRotate(mc:String)
      {
      rdo_mc.attachMovie(mc,"xdo",getNextHighestDepth());
      TweenLite.to(mc, 4, {_alpha:0,_xscale:50,_yscale:50,_x:0,_y:0, onComplete:showMe});
      clip = mc;
      mc._x = 50;
      trace("built");
      }
      function showMe()
      {
      TweenLite.to(clip, 2, {_alpha:100,_xscale:45,_yscale:45,_x:225,_y:150,onComplete:turnMe});
      }

function turnMe()
      {
      TweenLite.to(clip, 4, {_rotation:366, ease:Elastic.easeOut, onComplete:turnBack});
      }

function turnBack()
      {
      TweenLite.to(clip, 4, {_rotation:-360, ease:Elastic.easeIn,overwrite:true});
      }

}

and in the fla file I am using: var x_mc:RdoRotate = new RdoRotate("quiz_bg");
      I know there is something basic here I am missing. Any tips will help me do this correctly.

Thanks,
      eholz1

• 1. Re: class files and movie clips in AS2.0
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          if tweenlite is in a directory called gs, you need to import that class in your RdoRotate class:

import gs.TweenLite;

to associate a library movieclip with RdoRotate, right click the movieclip in the library, click linkage and assign RdoRotate as the class and assign it a linkage id, too.

to create an instance of your class, just use attachMovie() (and your linkage id) in your fla to instantiate an instance of your class.