2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 9:46 AM by dualravens

flash doesn't appear, script folder uploaded

dualravens
      I linked to a page on my site that had a bit of flash on it and soon realized that the flash wasn't appearing in Firefox (I didn't check IE). A while back I ran into the same problem and found the whole Scripts silliness, and took care of that.

I wondered if there was someway the folder got erased, so I uploaded it again. Nothing shows up. I went into the code manually took out the reference to the script that Dreamweaver added leaving only the bare Flash code. It works perfectly fine.

With this in recent weeks I've noticed that in my error logs I'm getting messages saying the Scripts folder cannot be found, even though it is uploaded.

Would my webhost be blocking the script (I use ipowerweb)? Or is there something going on with Firefox (I'm using the most recent version)? Or something else?

What's this script business for anyhow? Having to include a special javascript bit on every flash movie means something is screwed up in my opinion.
        • 1. Re: flash doesn't appear, script folder uploaded
          Level 7
          Double check for matching case in relevant code, folder names and file names
          in case you are hosted on Linux.

"dualravens" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e649il$aiv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I linked to a page on my site that had a bit of flash on it and soon
          >realized
          > that the flash wasn't appearing in Firefox (I didn't check IE). A while
          > back I
          > ran into the same problem and found the whole Scripts silliness, and took
          > care
          > of that.
          >
          > I wondered if there was someway the folder got erased, so I uploaded it
          > again.
          > Nothing shows up. I went into the code manually took out the reference to
          > the
          > script that Dreamweaver added leaving only the bare Flash code. It works
          > perfectly fine.
          >
          > With this in recent weeks I've noticed that in my error logs I'm getting
          > messages saying the Scripts folder cannot be found, even though it is
          > uploaded.
          >
          >
          > Would my webhost be blocking the script (I use ipowerweb)? Or is there
          > something going on with Firefox (I'm using the most recent version)? Or
          > something else?
          >
          > What's this script business for anyhow? Having to include a special
          > javascript bit on every flash movie means something is screwed up in my
          > opinion.
          >

• 2. Re: flash doesn't appear, script folder uploaded
            dualravens Level 1
            Thanks for the quick reply Ken. I am on a linux server.

I thought of this but I'm not sure where or what to check. I can't see where it calls for the Scripts file, except at the beginning of the flash code, but there is no folder reference just a call for the file.

Okay, before I posted this I checked my error logs. The folder being called for is indeed /scripts. However, Dreamweaver itself created the folder Scripts which caused the hassle here. I renamed the folder to the lowercase and so hopefully it will work now. Thanks for pointing me the right direction.

Again, however, this whole javascript thing seems entirely sloppy and poorly implemented.