1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 3:47 PM by Newsgroup_User

HTML styling of text without using CSS markup

micah_sf
      The bulk of my work is coding HTML emails; and I can't use any css, div, or span tags in my code. I have been using GoLive 2, but just upgraded to DW4. I don't see how to force DW4 to style html inline without reverting to hand coding this. For example, if I want to select some copy and change it's color, I can't seem to do so within the html properties tab. Or if I want to apply a font-family (from Format: Font), I have the same problem. DW4 assumes I want to use CSS. It looks as if DW3, had the option "Use CSS instead of HTML tags" as a preference, but, I don't see that option in DW4. What am I missing here?
        • 1. Re: HTML styling of text without using CSS markup
          Level 7
          > The bulk of my work is coding HTML emails; and I can't use any css, div,
          > or
          > span tags in my code.

You can, if you make it inline (or if you embed your stylesheet between
          <body> and </body>.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"micah_sf" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:geo0hm$ks7$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > The bulk of my work is coding HTML emails; and I can't use any css, div,
          > or
          > span tags in my code. I have been using GoLive 2, but just upgraded to
          > DW4. I
          > don't see how to force DW4 to style html inline without reverting to hand
          > coding this. For example, if I want to select some copy and change it's
          > color,
          > I can't seem to do so within the html properties tab. Or if I want to
          > apply a
          > font-family (from Format: Font), I have the same problem. DW4 assumes I
          > want to
          > use CSS. It looks as if DW3, had the option "Use CSS instead of HTML tags"
          > as a
          > preference, but, I don't see that option in DW4. What am I missing here?
          >