9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 12:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

    Problem Saving Documents

    tgbailey40
      Hi,

      I need help resolving this error message "Could not complete your request. An internal error occured." This message occurs when I try to save in Fireworks.
        • 1. Re: Problem Saving Documents
          Level 7
          tgbailey40 wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I need help resolving this error message "Could not complete your
          > request. An internal error occured." This message occurs when I try
          > to save in Fireworks.

          That usually happens when Fireworks has run out of RAM. Turning off any
          programs you have running in the background will usually enable you to
          save the file, and then reboot Fireworks.


          --
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Problem Saving Documents
            tgbailey40 Level 1
            Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestions, but it didn't work. Several months ago I had the same problem and tech support walked me through removing a file in the Fireworks Folder. I can't remember the directory or the file name and this is why I posted this message.

            > Hi,
            >
            > I need help resolving this error message "Could not complete your
            > request. An internal error occured." This message occurs when I try
            > to save in Fireworks.

            That usually happens when Fireworks has run out of RAM. Turning off any
            programs you have running in the background will usually enable you to
            save the file, and then reboot Fireworks.

            • 3. Re: Problem Saving Documents
              leatherjeep
              No, I'm not thinking that's the answer, because amazingly, I too am having this problem, and it just started today. So I've gone to the Fireworks Support and jumped through the hoops listed there to reset my 'permissions' on my OSX machine but I'm still getting the error, and I reiterate, it just began happening today. What has Adobe changed?
              • 4. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                Level 7
                tgbailey40 wrote:

                > Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestions, but it didn't work. Several
                > months ago I had the same problem and tech support walked me through removing a
                > file in the Fireworks Folder. I can't remember the directory or the file name
                > and this is why I posted this message.

                They probably had you delete the Fireworks preferences text file. On my
                machine that's located at:

                C:\Documents and Settings\Linda Rathgeber\Application
                Data\Macromedia\Fireworks 8\English


                --
                Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
                --------------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.projectseven.com
                Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                --------------------------------------------------------------
                • 5. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                  leatherjeep Level 1
                  I'm looking for a file like that on my Mac, but we don't have a subdirectory called English, and I can't seem to find any .txt files that resemble Preferences in the Fireworks Directory.
                  • 6. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                    Level 7
                    leatherjeep wrote:
                    > No, I'm not thinking that's the answer, because amazingly, I too am having this
                    > problem, and it just started today. So I've gone to the Fireworks Support and
                    > jumped through the hoops listed there to reset my 'permissions' on my OSX
                    > machine but I'm still getting the error, and I reiterate, it just began
                    > happening today. What has Adobe changed?
                    >

                    Adobe hasn't changed anything. The last release of Fireworks was created
                    and released entirely by Macromedia, before the two companies became one.


                    --
                    Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
                    Extending Knowledge, Daily
                    http://www.communityMX.com/
                    CommunityMX - Free Resources:
                    http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
                    ---
                    .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
                    news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
                    news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
                    • 7. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                      leatherjeep Level 1
                      Jim,

                      So it's purely coincidence that multiple people who never had a problem with the product began having the exact same problem on the exact same day?

                      And anyhow, how do we FIX it?
                      • 8. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                        Level 7
                        leatherjeep wrote:

                        > No, I'm not thinking that's the answer, because amazingly, I too am having this
                        > problem, and it just started today. So I've gone to the Fireworks Support and
                        > jumped through the hoops listed there to reset my 'permissions' on my OSX
                        > machine but I'm still getting the error, and I reiterate, it just began
                        > happening today. What has Adobe changed?

                        What has changed on your machine in the last couple of days?

                        --
                        Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks**
                        --------------------------------------------------------------
                        http://www.projectseven.com
                        Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                        CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                        Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
                        --------------------------------------------------------------
                        • 9. Re: Problem Saving Documents
                          Level 7
                          leatherjeep wrote:
                          > Jim,
                          >
                          > So it's purely coincidence that multiple people who never had a problem with the product began having the exact same problem on the exact same day?
                          >
                          > And anyhow, how do we FIX it?

                          Quite possibly, yes. This type of error has happened in the past. And
                          from what I recall, it's usually a memory issue or a preferences issue.
                          I'm pretty sure FW has misbehaved in the past due to corrupt fonts as well.

                          I'm not a Mac user, but based on this tech note:
                          http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn_18628&extid=tn_18 628&dialogID=135486102&iterationID=2&sessionID=483072def6cc26b3b4c4&stateID=0+0+31932202&m ode=simple

                          you should find the preferences file here in OSX:
                          Macintosh HD:Users:<username>:Library references

                          This is where the Fireworks color list, Fireworks cache, Fireworks
                          language & Fireworks preferences are stored.

                          If you have not deleted that file (and it seems you were looking for it
                          in your last post) try that and see if it solves your problem.

                          HTH
                          --
                          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
                          Extending Knowledge, Daily
                          http://www.communityMX.com/
                          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
                          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
                          ---
                          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
                          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
                          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver