6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2007 11:01 AM by pik80

Fireworks 9.0.1

pik80 Level 1
      Does anyone know where I can download Fireworks 9.0.1? There is a TechNote that talks about it's existence but then leaves you no clue as to where to get it. (TechNote is at: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb402356)
      I can't use software updater for I do not have internet access on the computer that has fireworks.

• 1. Re: Fireworks 9.0.1
          MonteKrause Level 1
          ... then it will never happen ...
          • 2. Re: Fireworks 9.0.1
            abeall Level 3
            If you don't mind my asking, how did you activate Fireworks on a machine without internet access? ;-)
            • 3. Re: Fireworks 9.0.1
              ageofem Level 1
              ahhahha he probably used magic, abra kadabra
              • 4. Re: Fireworks 9.0.1
                pik80 Level 1
                You activate Fireworks by phone. I have been able to to update the latest version of Bridge and Illustrator by going to the update page but for some reason they have not posted Fireworks. Since I have no interest in getting internet access (because it greatly distracts me from doing my work) and I have found Fireworks 9.0 to be crash prone and sluggish from day one not getting these fixes is very annoying.
                • 5. Fireworks 9.0.1
                  abeall Level 3
                  > You activate Fireworks by phone.
                  Fair enough, I've never done that before.

Well, that is sticky. I can't seem to find the update posted anywhere, either. You could try to use the updater to download the file on your machine that has internet access, then don't install it, then you might be able to move the file to your black box machine and install it. I'm pretty sure the downloaded files are put here:
                  [User Directory]l\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Updater5\Install\fireworks9-en_US\

And I'm pretty sure the downloaded file is deleted after it's installed, so you need to make sure you download but prevent the installation on your connected machine.

However, I've got to think there's a regular download somewhere online, hopefully someone else knows where. And even if there isn't, you could always contact Adobe and I'd expect them to be able to hook you up. These forums are user to user.
                  • 6. Re: Fireworks 9.0.1
                    pik80 Level 1
                    Yeah, I was thinking about about contacting Adobe but couldn't find where you email them. I'll ask them. Thanks for the help.