3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 9:58 AM by MSCaroline

    Unable to add Search Tab to HTML Help

    Mike_Funck
      In RoboHelp HTML 6 I check Search Tab in the Window Properties dialog but after I compile, no Search Tab is available in the compiled help. Other Window features seem to switch on or off as expected. This project was converted from WinHelp (RoboHelp 2002 for Word) at some point. I'm not sure what import/conversion process was used to move it to HTML Help. Other project aspects seem to work OK. Previous WinHelp to HTML Help conversions have not experienced this problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.
        • 1. Re: Unable to add Search Tab to HTML Help
          MSCaroline Level 1
          I'm having the exact same problem. Tried creating a new test project, and that seems to work just fine, so I have to assume it's something in the project itself rather than something going on with the application. Anyone have any insight?
          • 2. Re: Unable to add Search Tab to HTML Help
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi all

            One trick that often works in cases such as these is to simply define a totally new window with the attributes you desire. Then configure that window as the default for your project.

            Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: Unable to add Search Tab to HTML Help
              MSCaroline Level 1
              Hey Rick,

              I actually tried that pretty early in the process, but still ran into the same problem. The good news, though, is that I seem to have fixed the project. It's a bit of a kludge, but whatever works.

              I opened the *.hhp file for the project in question in Notepad, then opened the *.hhp file for another project that had the search tab, and compared them. I ended up making the following changes in the problematic project's *.hhp file to make their settings match:

              In the OPTIONS section, changed Full-text search to Yes.
              In the WINDOWS section, changed the settings for the project's main window to the following:
              "Project Title","project.hhc","project.hhk","","",,,,,0x40040520 (etc.)

              That last number in the line was something entirely different originally, and I think that's where the problem lay. Saved and closed the file, then recompiled and the tab now shows up.

              Hope this helps!

              Best,
              Melinda