6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2006 3:59 AM by Boxing Boom

Controlling a Movie within a Movie

doctor_zaius
      Hi everyone,

I have a captivate movie (movie A) into which I would like to insert another animation (movie B) with the Insert > Animation command. This works fine. However, I would like the playback control of movie A to also control the playback of movie B. Is this possible? Othewise, I would have to have two playback controls which is very confusing for the user. I have seen a Captivate example where this seems to function correctly, but I cannot figure out how it was done.

Thanks,

Jesse
        • 1. Re: Controlling a Movie within a Movie
          CatBandit Level 3
          Let us know if you can remember where you saw this work. I for one would be very, very interested in seeing two movies controlled from only the main playback control ... but I don't believe it is possible within Captivate.

Have a nice day, Jesse!
          • 2. Re: Controlling a Movie within a Movie
            doctor_zaius Level 1
            Hi Larry,

I have a parallel post in the "General" category that contains more information on this, including comments from Rick Stone. I have forwarded him the project that contains the example of a single playback control controlling two movies. It turns out the example was created by a former employee of my company that I am unable to contact. I have all the source files from him, but I am unable to replicate the behavior. I have forwarded this SWF to Rick and he has graciously offered to examine it. I would be happy to forward the SWF of Captivate project files to you as well if you think you can help with this problem. Please let me know. I may not be describing the problem accurately, but I am waiting to hear back from Rick. Let me know if you would like me to send files.

Thanks,

Jesse
            • 3. Re: Controlling a Movie within a Movie
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi Jesse and Larry

If Larry is up for it, I'd highly suggest sending him the file. Unfortunately I haven't had the time I expected to look it over. And I just now got into my hotel room here in Elvistown (Memphis, TN) and see I've got about 250 E-Mail messages to wade through (assuming I last that long). So Larry is probably your best bet.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Controlling a Movie within a Movie
                Boxing Boom Level 1
                Hi Jesse,

Could you please send me a copy of those files, I am pretty good at ActionScript and flash. I would like to help you out here.

Regards,

Boxing Boom
                • 5. Re: Controlling a Movie within a Movie
                  doctor_zaius Level 1
                  Hi Boxing Boom,

Thanks for offering to help with this problem. Where should I send the files? Which files should I send, SWF or the Captivate CP file?

Jesse
                  • 6. Controlling a Movie within a Movie
                    Boxing Boom Level 1
                    Hi,

Sorry for the length of time it took me to respond, send it to it_trainer1@btinternet.com. It is best to send all associated files, and if you can some peronal notes on what you require. I will do my best for you.

Regards,

Boxing Boom