2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2008 11:11 AM by ntsiii

SWFLOADER issues in Flex?

あだ名 Level 1
      Sorry if this question was posted before, the search function on this forum was not working at the time of writing this.

Here is the issue, my flash CS3/AS3 files dont work when plugged into a 3rd party Flex display template. I'm assuming the template is using SWFLOADER (dont have access to the actual template, so not sure).

So I did some searching online, and I found a couple of issues regarding this. Apparently Flex does not compile the fl package of classes used in Flash. So that would explain why the Tween effects in some of my swf files wouldnt work (if anyone has more info on this specific issue, or possible work-around, let me know).

Are you aware of other issues regarding swfs in Flex? I noticed that some of my swf files that have multiple nested movieclips do not work in the flex template, but when I put all the movieclips/animations out and onto the main time line layer, it works fine. Why do you think that is?

Any help/advice on this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you so much.

• 1. Re: SWFLOADER issues in Flex?
          Level 7

"???" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gj9eo6$602$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Sorry if this question was posted before, the search function on this
          > forum was
          > not working at the time of writing this.
          >
          > Here is the issue, my flash CS3/AS3 files dont work when plugged into a
          > 3rd
          > party Flex display template. I'm assuming the template is using SWFLOADER
          > (dont
          > have access to the actual template, so not sure).
          >
          > So I did some searching online, and I found a couple of issues regarding
          > this.
          > Apparently Flex does not compile the fl package of classes used in Flash.
          > So
          > that would explain why the Tween effects in some of my swf files wouldnt
          > work
          > (if anyone has more info on this specific issue, or possible work-around,
          > let
          > me know).

The Flex display template shouldn't need to know about the classes you used
          in your Flash file...Flash should have compiled them in for you.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: SWFLOADER issues in Flex?
            ntsiii Level 3
            You will need to explain this, "...a 3rd party Flex display template. I'm assuming the template is using SWFLOADER..." much more clearly.
            Tracy