2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 8:44 AM by beaucarnes

Problem with FLV in Spry Tabbed Pannels

beaucarnes
      I have multiple Spry Tabbed Panels, each containing a different SWF file linked to a FLV file. Firefox switches between the videos as I would expect. There is a problem, though, in Internet Explorer. When I click a different tab, the video on the previous tab keeps playing. I can hear the audio of the first tab and see and hear the video of the second tab. If I click on a third tab, I can hear the audio of the first two as well as hear and see the third tab. I want the video file to stop playing when I switch tabs in IE like it does in Firefox. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Beau
        • 1. Re: Problem with FLV in Spry Tabbed Pannels
          Level 7
          Got a link?

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
          DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
          Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"beaucarnes" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge558q$drd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have multiple Spry Tabbed Panels, each containing a different SWF file
          >linked
          > to a FLV file. Firefox switches between the videos as I would expect.
          > There is
          > a problem, though, in Internet Explorer. When I click a different tab, the
          > video on the previous tab keeps playing. I can hear the audio of the first
          > tab
          > and see and hear the video of the second tab. If I click on a third tab, I
          > can
          > hear the audio of the first two as well as hear and see the third tab. I
          > want
          > the video file to stop playing when I switch tabs in IE like it does in
          > Firefox. Any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Beau
          >

• 2. Re: Problem with FLV in Spry Tabbed Pannels
            beaucarnes Level 1
            Here is an example of what I'm talking about. Try it in Firefox and IE. It works how I want it to in Firefox. http://www.beauvine.net/example.htm