0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 12:30 PM by (Ryan_Frishberg)

[svn] 3973: Adding IVisualContainer interface.

Level 1
      Revision: 3973
      Author: rfrishbe@adobe.com
      Date: 2008-10-30 13:30:13 -0700 (Thu, 30 Oct 2008)

Log Message:
      -----------
      Adding IVisualContainer interface. Group, FxContainer, and FxScroller implement this interface now. Added owner and parent to IVisualItem. GraphicElement and UIComponent implement this interface--work had to be done in GraphicElement to do this. In doing so, elementHost is going to be renamed to parent. For now, I added parent in GraphicElement and left elementHost in there; however, it is removed from IGraphicElement. I?\226?\128?\153ve removed all references to elementHost in our code; however, I think mustella needs to be updated as do mustella tests, so I?\226?\128?\153m not going to remove elementHost until later.

Most of the changes here are name changes dealing with "elementHost" -> "parent". If we decide that Gumbo components only support IVisualItems, we should clean up some of the code, but for now, I kept any assumptions that were in the original code (meaning we may be able to support DisplayObjects and old definitions of UIComponents/IUIComponents that aren?\226?\128?\153t IVisualItems).

I ran checkin tests, Group mustella tests, DataGroup mustella tests, FxContainer mustella tests, graphic tags tests, and all effects Mustella tests.

QE Notes: We will need to update mustella and mustella tests to use elementHost rather than parent. We can also update mustella to use IVisualContainer rather than what it's doing now. However, let's wait on these changes for now. I'll send out an email when we're ready to make these changes and remove elementHost from GraphicElement.
      Doc Notes: None
      Bugs: -
      Reviewer: Chet

Modified Paths:
      --------------
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/DataGroup.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/FxContainer.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/FxScroller.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/Group.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/AddAction.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/FxFade.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/RemoveAction.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/effectClasses/AddActionInstance.a s
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/effectClasses/FxAnimate3DInstance .as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/effectClasses/FxAnimateInstance.a s
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/effectClasses/FxFadeInstance.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/effects/effectClasses/RemoveActionInstanc e.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/graphics/IGraphicElement.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/graphics/graphicsClasses/GraphicElement.a s
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/IUIComponent.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/IVisualItem.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/styles/StyleProtoChain.as

Added Paths:
      -----------
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/core/IVisualContainer.as