0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 11:39 AM by (Ryan_Frishberg)

[svn] 4192: This change will allow us to handle having the same items multiple times in the list , for example ?\226?\128?\156Ryan Frishberg?\226?\128? \157 can now be in the list twice.

Level 1
      Revision: 4192
      Author: rfrishbe@adobe.com
      Date: 2008-11-26 11:39:48 -0800 (Wed, 26 Nov 2008)

Log Message:
      -----------
      This change will allow us to handle having the same items multiple times in the list, for example ?\226?\128?\156Ryan Frishberg?\226?\128?\157 can now be in the list twice.

In order to do it, rather than using the item to find the itemRenderer or to tell the list that an item?\226?\128?\153s been selected, we need to use the index instead. Methods like getItemRenderer and getRendererItem were changed to accept an index rather than an item. Other methods were added, like isItemIndexSelected() because I felt isItemSelected() is still a useful method to have, even though it?\226?\128?\153s ambiguous when multiple items come in to play.

For now, I just tried to change the parameters where needed. Some of the names of the methods were updated to reflect the change, but others weren?\226?\128?\153t because PARB is going to review a lot of this on Thursday, so it?\226?\128?\153s easier to make a name change only once (and after PARB approves it).

I also added properties to ItemExistanceChangeEvent.as. In a later checkin, I?\226?\128?\153ll create a separate RendererExistanceChangeEvent.as for DataGroups and use ItemExistanceChangeEvents only for IVisualElementContainers (Halo containers will also dispatch these events). However, this needs to be PARB reviewed, so I figured it?\226?\128?\153s best to hold off on this change until later.

Also included in this checkin are some small ASDoc updates to no longer use any of the ?\226?\128?\156addItem(), numItems?\226?\128?\157, and instead use addElement() or numElements where appropriate.

QE Notes: Steve's excluded any failing tests. As noted in the checkin, there will probably be some renaming related to these methods. Also, add some tests for duplicate items now.
      Doc Notes: None
      Bugs: SDK-17912
      Reviewer: Glenn
      tests: checkintests, mustella DataGroup, FxDataContainer, FxList

Ticket Links:
      ------------
      http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-17912

Modified Paths:
      --------------
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/DataGroup.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/FxButtonBar.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/FxList.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/Group.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/baseClasses/FxComponent.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/components/baseClasses/FxListBase.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/events/ItemExistenceChangedEvent.as
      flex/sdk/trunk/frameworks/projects/flex4/src/mx/graphics/graphicsClasses/GraphicElement.a s