0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2008 10:27 AM by (Carol_Frampton)

[svn] 4204: As of IE6 Windows XP SP2 and later versions, the Local Machine security zone is by default in "lock down" mode.

Level 1
      Revision: 4204
      Author: cframpto@adobe.com
      Date: 2008-12-01 10:27:25 -0800 (Mon, 01 Dec 2008)

Log Message:
      -----------
      As of IE6 Windows XP SP2 and later versions, the Local Machine security zone is by default in "lock down" mode. To run scripts and active content on the local machine requires permission from the user either via security settings (Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Allow active content to run in files on My Computer) or by explicitly allowing each page to run after it is blocked.

1. Move Internet Explorer MOTW to immediately following the !DOCTYPE declaration. If using IE, this causes the page to be run in the Internet security zone rather than the Local Machine Security Zone.

2. Fix syntax of IE conditional comments.

3. If IE 6 or later, and active content is blocked, rather than just showing the getflashplayer image and link, also add text "Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version ${version_major}.${version_minor}.${version_revision} or greater is not installed."

QA: I tested this with Gumbo MAX FB, IE8 with and without active content allowed, and Firefox 3.
      Docs: the docs for FlexBuilder should definitely say something about this although it is a well-know IE problem for web developers from what I saw on the web.

Modified Paths:
      --------------
      flex/sdk/trunk/templates/swfobject/index.template.html