• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell check and cond build tags

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure that the answer to this is going to be 'no' but it's always worth asking (she says hopefully).

I am using conditional build tags to separate the help for the Windows and Web versions of our product and whenever I have two words next to each other in a topic, they are correctly flagged by the spell checker, for example, Click OKLogin. This is making my topics look a mess and is slowing me down a bit. Is there any way of telling the spell checker to ignore words that have conditional build tags applied to them?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not have a space between OK and Login? I just checked and you don't get double spacing.

What version are you on? Variables would also take care of this need for two terms.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes! I thought I had checked and found that a double space does show but you're right, it doesn't. Great!

I'm on RH7 so could use variables but I thought using build tags throughout would keep things simpler. It's not just terms that are different but whole chunks of text. Do you think that's a bad decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Variables are more about stuff that is repeated many times and Click OK / Login would probably fall in that category.

For blocks of text that are only in one topic, CBTs are still appropriate. For repeated block, variables will save you time.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp