7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 8:43 AM by matt_chotin

flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?

would it be at all possible to have a flex 4 gumbo alpha contest and award the winner some sort of monetary prize for helping you complete the flex 4 sdk so you could incorporate it into you flex builder or even a flex builder contest? As a matter of fact do you think I could get some monetary compensation for coming up with this excellent idea?
        • 1. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
          Leif Wells - Atlanta
          Sounds like someone just got laid off and is looking at monetizing<br />their new found free time. ;-)<br /><br />Leif<br />Atlanta<br /><br />PS I hope that isn't really the case.<br /><br /><br /><br />On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM, david siembab <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br />> A new discussion was started by david siembab in<br />><br />> General Discussion --<br />>   flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?<br />><br />> would it be at all possible to have a flex 4 gumbo alpha contest and award<br />> the winner some sort of monetary prize for helping you complete the flex 4<br />> sdk so you could incorporate it into you flex builder or even a flex builder<br />> contest? As a matter of fact do you think I could get some monetary<br />> compensation for coming up with this excellent idea?<br />><br />> ________________________________<br />> View/reply at flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?<br />> Replies by email are OK.<br />> Use the unsubscribe form to cancel your email subscription.<br />><br />>
          • 2. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
            Level 1
            trying to hold back the tears. lol. no I use linux and I think it would add a little more incentive for us FOSS people.
            • 3. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
              Leif Wells - Atlanta Level 1
              Glad to hear that you haven't been hit by our current economic crisis.
              I know a few who have.

I would be very surprised if Adobe sponsored a contest for money.
              Software or hardware perhaps, but I've don't remember ever seeing a
              cash prize.

I've also seen them have prerelease contests, as in the person with
              the most confirmed, original bug wins... something. I am pretty sure
              that, if there is room in the budget there will be a prize. Go log
              your bugs now and get ahead of the crowd! ;-)

(But seriously, seeing software that you use daily ship with few (the
              fewest possible) bugs is the true prize.)

MC, HH, and HNY,

Leif
              Atlanta
              • 4. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
                Level 1
                I'm basically looking at the AXDT project for eclipse I guess they figured out something that the developers can't.
                • 5. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
                  matt_chotin Level 3
                  Money is likely out of the question.  I'm confused as to what you're trying to do.  Get Gumbo SDK to work in FB 3?  I think people have that working already?<br /><br /><br />On 12/22/08 6:38 PM, "david siembab" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />A new discussion was started by david siembab in<br /><br />General Discussion --<br />  flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?<br /><br />would it be at all possible to have a flex 4 gumbo alpha contest and award the winner some sort of monetary prize for helping you complete the flex 4 sdk so you could incorporate it into you flex builder or even a flex builder contest? As a matter of fact do you think I could get some monetary compensation for coming up with this excellent idea?<br /><br />________________________________<br />View/reply at flex 4 gumbo alpha contest? <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.59b75677><br />Replies by email are OK.<br />Use the unsubscribe <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?280@@.59b75677!folder=.3c060fa1>  form to cancel your email subscription.
                  • 6. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
                    Level 1
                    alpha works you just have to change certain uri's in the setup. Maybe what I meant was a fb3 contest to get fb3 on linux like fb3 on windows.
                    • 7. Re: flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?
                      matt_chotin Level 3
                      The problem is much more getting certain things ported that you guys are unlikely to be able to re-create than the basic functionality.  Plus our QA and certification effort.  So, this kind of contest isn't likely for now.<br /><br />Matt<br /><br /><br />On 1/5/09 4:17 AM, "david siembab" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />A new message was posted by david siembab in<br /><br />General Discussion --<br />  flex 4 gumbo alpha contest?<br /><br />alpha works you just have to change certain uri's in the setup. Maybe what I meant was a fb3 contest to get fb3 on linux like fb3 on windows.<br /><br />________________________________<br />View/reply at flex 4 gumbo alpha contest? <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.59b75677/5><br />Replies by email are OK.<br />Use the unsubscribe <a href=http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?280@@.59b75677!folder=.3c060fa1>  form to cancel your email subscription.