just curious.... have you tried writing a <cfajaximport tags="cfform"> on the page?
Did you specify BOTH name AND ID for your cfform?
I had specified both
well...it has been some time since I fixed this...I hope I remember well.
I have 2 cfselects in my cfform. One that is a drop down for states (bind on load)
and the second one is the county one which populaates itself based on the state selection. (bind to cffunction again)
the other 2 cffselects just populated themselves using a result I had queried beforehand (cfresult)
I had trouble getting the values of the last 2 selects even with firefox but i put a patch in my cf function and it worked
With IE there were 2 problems
first, if the cfselect was disabled, it would not get the value. It would not recognize the tag exists or something
(if the state was 'select all', the county drop down was disabled)
I fixed this first.
and it worked.