1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 8:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

Eliminate headers and margins

baby_brown Level 1
      I have two website. One website is www.blackhillsbaseball.com, On this pages you will see the headers and red background. That is ok for this website, but I have another webpage that I just want a white page for information and not have the red color on the margins and the header like on the Black Hills Wolves website. I uploaded the second website and the header and margins from the first site appeared on the second site which I didn't want. I would like to find a way to eliminate these things on the second website. Can you please help out. I am using dreamweaver 2004.
        • 1. Re: Eliminate headers and margins
          Level 7
          baby brown wrote:
          > I have two website. One website is www.blackhillsbaseball.com, On this pages
          > you will see the headers and red background. That is ok for this website, but I
          > have another webpage that I just want a white page for information and not
          > have the red color on the margins and the header like on the Black Hills Wolves
          > website. I uploaded the second website and the header and margins from the
          > first site appeared on the second site which I didn't want. I would like to
          > find a way to eliminate these things on the second website. Can you please help
          > out. I am using dreamweaver 2004.
          >

You would add to the body tag css:

padding: 0;
          margin: 0;

body {
          background:url(../images/bg.gif) repeat-x #ba0b0b;
          text-align:center;
          font: 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          }

That will eliminate the space at the top of the page but I don't know
          what you mean by the margins (either side of the page?)