Our machine is a freshly-installed machine, set up as follows:
* Windows 2000 SP-4 5.00.2195
* Elements 22.214.171.124
* Office SP-3 9.0.6929
We are not running Norton Antivirus. The symptoms are as indicated in this URL:
I have scoured Google and the forums here for answers to this, but all the solutions involve disabling the PDFMaker functionality; our work requires us to have this functionality available for our use, so such solutions are not workable.
The fixes we have tried include:
* Renaming, deleting, and moving normal.dot
* Renaming, deleting, and moving pdfmaker.dot
* Copying normal.dot from a working installation
* Copying pdfmaker.dot form a working installation
* Checking normal.dot for any spurious macros
* Checking pdfmaker.dot for any spurious macros (it is locked, so this did not help)
We are loathe to reinstall the machine (it is on a production server), so are eager to hear of any workable solutions.
We ended up installing both Office and Elements on another machine, but got the same problem. Eventually, we installed Office and Elements on a third machine, which "just worked." We haven't had any problems since.
However, Elements is still not working on the first two machines.