2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 3:54 AM by Newsgroup_User

Seeking Flex Programmer

elstinko Level 1
      We are beginning the 1 phase of an RIA for a well known clothing department store. We have built the interface in Flash and need a solution for the brand's server to communicate to this software running on client machines at the retail store. Since the pricing of the product is all based on custom configurations through the filling out of a multi-step form, Flex looks like the perfect solution to parse the data and communicate to a server mainframe while submitting the orders to this server and possibly others.

The main question is we don't want to run this in a browser but rather a Flash Projector EXE that runs on the computer similar to a kiosk.

We are seeking a programmer who knows Flex well and is willing to provide us an estimate on programming after we deliver you the final schema and mock ups.

Interested developers please respond I have subscribed to this topic.

Stu Smith
      Mainline Studios
        • 1. Re: Seeking Flex Programmer
          ntsiii Level 3
          That sounds interesting. I would like to talk in a bit more detail. I am also interested in hearing your objections to the browser.

I won't commit to quoting the project until I know more about it. Contact me by private email. tspratt@Lariatinc.com.

Yes, my Flex is very strong. I also have many years experience developing complex product configurators, and that might be valuable as well.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Seeking Flex Programmer
            Level 7
            elstinko wrote:
            > We are beginning the 1 phase of an RIA for a well known clothing department
            > store. We have built the interface in Flash and need a solution for the brand's
            > server to communicate to this software running on client machines at the retail
            > store. Since the pricing of the product is all based on custom configurations
            > through the filling out of a multi-step form, Flex looks like the perfect
            > solution to parse the data and communicate to a server mainframe while
            > submitting the orders to this server and possibly others.
            >
            > We are seeking a programmer who knows Flex well and is willing to provide us
            > an estimate on programming after we deliver tyou the final schema and mock ups.
            >
            > Interested developers please respond I have subscribed to this topic.
            >
            > Stu Smith
            > Mainline Studios
            >
            >

Hello Stu,

We are extremely interested in speaking with you about your project and
            where we can help.

We are a Macromedia Flex Alliance Partner who have been working with
            Flex for coming on two years now and have arguably the most real-world
            Flex applications development experience in the market today. We are
            based in Washington DC but have offices across the country and provide
            RIA development services from user-experience and interactive design, to
            front-end development and back-end integration.

You might take a look at our new series of articles running on Adobe's
            DevNet site to give you a feel for our experience and how we approach a
            project like yours.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/frontback_pt1.html

Please check out our site and drop me an email when you have 30 or 40
            minutes to discuss your project.

Cheers,

--
            Dave Wolf
            Cynergy Systems, Inc.
            Macromedia Flex Alliance Partner
            http://www.cynergysystems.com

Email: dave.wolf@cynergysystems.com
            Office: 866-CYNERGY