2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2008 4:32 PM by curtkauf

How can I get the full path of a file?

curtkauf
      I have an application where I am using a remote webservice. The webservice method I'm calling requires a full path of a file. The webservice takes the file and loads it into a SQL database, performs some calculations, and creates a text file on the users local drive with the results. The FileReference class doesn't provide the full path. Surely someone has come across this and has found a solution. My thought shave always been that if ASP pages can do it Flex apps will too. Please don't tell me I was wrong. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Curt.
        • 1. Re: How can I get the full path of a file?
          Level 7

"curtkauf" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ge22s9$4gk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have an application where I am using a remote webservice. The webservice
          > method I'm calling requires a full path of a file. The webservice takes
          > the
          > file and loads it into a SQL database, performs some calculations, and
          > creates
          > a text file on the users local drive with the results. The FileReference
          > class
          > doesn't provide the full path. Surely someone has come across this and has
          > found a solution. My thought shave always been that if ASP pages can do it
          > Flex
          > apps will too. Please don't tell me I was wrong. Thanks for any help you
          > can
          > give me!!!

If the webservice is creating the file, why doesn't it know where it put it?

• 2. Re: How can I get the full path of a file?
            curtkauf Level 1
            I sorry, I ddn't make myself clear. There is an original file that I need to allow the user to locate and then there is an output file. Input file and an output file and the first one can be anywhere. Surely there is a way to get file paths. Thanks so much.

Curt