4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2006 3:00 PM by Stella1251

Quitting & credits

Stella1251 Level 1
      At the end of my presentation I have a question of "Do you really want to quit?" with the "yes" & "no" options. When I click YES it goes to a marker called QUIT. I have credits listed on that page (by the way anyone know how to make the credits roll?). Then I have the word "end" fading in while the credits disappear. How do I completely quit out director when the word "end" fades in at 100%?
      thank you
        • 1. Re: Quitting & credits
          Level 7
          >>How do I completely quit out director when the word "end" fades in at
          >>100%?

See the entry for halt() within the methods tab of the help.

For 'rolling' the credits there are various ways to do it. One being simply
          modifying the locV property of a sprite that was masked by a 'cover' sprite.

--
          Dave -
          Adobe Community Expert
          www.blurredistinction.com
          www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/

• 2. Quitting & credits
            Stella1251 Level 1
            Thank you for responding, but I am a little confused because I am new to this..im sorry. I went to look for halt() & i came up with this example in the help.

Example
            This statement checks whether the amount of free memory is less than 50K and, if it is, exits all handlers that called it and then stops the movie:

-- Lingo syntax
            if (_system.freeBytes < (50*1024)) then
            _movie.halt()
            end if

Do you know how I could even begin to write the code to make it quit after it is done fading? Ill try to figure it out some more in the meantime..
            thank you again

also forgot to say that..i dont know if this applies to anything, but on my QUIT marker i also have a GOtotheframe script so it doesnt let me do the rolling credits..thats why i think it wouldnt let me before..
            • 3. Re: Quitting &amp; credits
              Level 7
              On Wed, 24 May 2006 20:30:04 GMT, Stella1251 posted in
              macromedia.director.basics:

> Do you know how I could even begin to write the code to make it quit after
              it is done fading? Ill try to figure it out some more in the meantime..

That depends entirely on how you're doing the fade. If it's score-based
              keyframes, you can simply create a behavior in the score's behavior channel
              after the sprites have faded:

on exitFrame me
              halt
              end

If you're using a script to do the fade, then you would want to incorporate
              the halt somewhere in that script. Or some way of determining when the fade
              has finished.

--
              Mark A. Boyd
              Keep-On-Learnin'
              • 4. Re: Quitting &amp; credits
                Stella1251 Level 1
                thanks Mark. i had tried adding the halt to the script before & all it would do it just stop my movie & wouldnt even show the fade..so i dont know. guess i am hopeless