3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2008 7:45 AM by heathrowe

FW CS3 - Corrupted Code in Pulldown Menus

Suddenly the pulldown menus in my FW CS3 (Windows) is showing weird symbols instead of normal keyboard shortcuts (like F8, etc). My other programs in the CS3 suite are fine (P/S, Flash, Premiere, etc). Tried re-starting, help menu, etc...nothing seems to work.

Here's a sample of what I'm now seeing. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks! :)

Screen shot of corrupted pulldown menu in FW Text
        • 1. FW CS3 - Corrupted Code in Pulldown Menus
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
          Try resetting your Preference file:

Close Fw
          Browse to the following location on your drive-
          [Drive, C:]\Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\[application language folder, such as "English"]\

Remove/backup the Preferences.txt file from this folder to another location.

Restart FW and see if this corrects it.

h
          • 2. Re: FW CS3 - Corrupted Code in Pulldown Menus
            Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately, the program is being really stubborn, and this didn't work...even tried re-starting the computer (not just F/W) after moving the preferences folder. If you have any other ideas, I'd sure appreciate it. :)
            • 3. Re: FW CS3 - Corrupted Code in Pulldown Menus
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
              As noted I meant to ONLY move the prefs. txt file, not the entire folder. So you should move back any folder items if they existed.

On another note, did you install any new fonts recently?
              How about a reboot?
              Are you using a Fw language install that is the same as your OS language?

h
              1 person found this helpful