• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 Pro Measuring Tool

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set the scale ratio and have it remain in effect? I am able set the ratio and make some measurements however, if I need to use another command such as Zoom or Pan and then go back to use the measuring tool, I have to re-enter the scale ratio all over again.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if someone had an answer to this problem. It is a major issue. In every version that had a measuring tool, until this one, the scale did not change from the previous setting unless the program was closed and re-opened. That wasn't the best situation, but it's a heck of a lot better than the scale resetting every time one switches tools, which is what happens in version 9. It's extremely aggravating, and inflicts a serious blow to productivity. Is there any fix? Anything at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. Applying dimensions in Acrobat 8 while somewhat clumsy was at least functional. Now with 9 Pro I can not see how to change the ratio. The help file says,

"Use the right-click menu to set measuring tool options.

Change Scale Ratio Change the scaling ratio (such as 3:2) and unit of measurement on the drawing areas."

I can't get it to work. It needs a fix ASAP if Adobe wishes to maintain credibility with the CAD world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought and installed one copy of Acrobat 9, for the most part it is great but it has one flaw that means it is not useable for us.  The dimension tool that was in version 7 is the most used tool for us.  As 8 did not have it, and 9 appears not to have it we are going to stick with version 7.

The measuring tool is ok, but it takes 3-4 times as long to stick in a 2d dimension which is just too long when you are doing 100's of changes/day.

If someone knows a work around, plug in, or version update I have not found please let me know!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2010 Oct 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I had an answer for you, but I'm just dealing with it. Can't believe Adobe hasn't addressed this yet.

Brock N. Ervin

Environmental Scientist

Crawfordsville District, Planning Section

Indiana Department of Transportation

765-361-5259

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received an automatic update notification for Acrobat 9 Pro. It fixes the problem with the scale ratio!!!!! It no longer clears the manually input scale ratio every time you change tools or hit escape.

Brock N. Ervin

Environmental Scientist

Crawfordsville District, Planning Section

Indiana Department of Transportation

765-361-5259

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my "me too" for this one. It used to work/stay after you set it.

How about the ability to embed the scale in PDF not created by you so that it will work when the "use embedded scale" feature in the options is set to on.

I LOVE the measuring feature and have recommended many of my subcontractors and suppliers get pro just for that feature alone but with version 9 it is seriously impaired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, Adobe does not listen. Thank you Adobe for causing your clients to waste significant time and money, yet again. Almost every version of this program has been released with minor improvements, but also, inexplicably, with a broken useful function that at least worked in previous versions. It makese no sense. Perhaps that sort of thing is not for paying customers to know. I only wish the open source community made a comparable tool. This kind of thing simply would not occur if that was the case. But with Acrobat being the only game in town, as long as it barely functions, it must still be used. Tiresome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let Adobe know how you feel, they might change things in a future version:

Here an Adobe employee might notice, but it won't necessarily count
towards numbers Adobe keeps t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2009 Feb 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a right click of your mouse while drawing a measuring line. There're options with "Change Scale Ratio" show up. Just few clicks!

Suzmin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has Adobe ignored such a measure issue?  I just started using Pro 9 a few days ago and I'm already very frusterated with this issue, and I'm frustrated that I (we) have this bug to look forward to on every future project.  Adobe needs to offer an update to fix this.  The work arounds I've seen look just as complicated and don't permanently fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines