3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2006 1:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

problem with animating external loaded images

DonVikto
      I'm creating an imageslider which loads jpg's from an external source (server) and then slides throught them (with fades and movement).
      Problem A.
      The problem is that when I load them directly from the external source the animation (movement from left to right etc.) shows unacceptable jitter. When i load images locally the animation is fine (I had to do some workarounds with AttachBitmap but is works). I need to load the images externally because my datatransferrate goes skyhigh. The work around i now use is to let PHP load the external image and serve it "locally" to the .swf.

Problem 2.
      I can't duplicate the movieclip that has the external image (loaded with LoadClip). This causes me to load the image over and over again.

Does anyone know a solution?
      I use Flash 8 prof.
        • 1. Re: problem with animating external loaded images
          Level 7
          > Problem A.

As long as you *preload* the image before animating, this shouldn't be an
          issue. Once loaded, there shouldn't be any apparent difference in behaviour
          between a dynamically loaded asset, and an embedded one.

> Problem 2.
          (nice mixed bulleting : )
          That's just how it is I'm afraid - clips with dynamically loaded or drawn
          (via drawing API) content, when duplicated, won't duplicate that content.
          Given that you are using Flash 8, as long as you are happy to actually
          publish to FP8, you could use the BitmapData class to actually duplicate a
          bitmap of your loaded content.

--
          -------------------------------
          Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail

• 2. Re: problem with animating external loaded images
            DonVikto Level 1
            Thanks for your reply.

nice bulleting indeed... thanks to the ultra small textfield presented by this newsgroup upon starting a new topic ;-)

Ad Problem A.
            I do preload the image. But the problem arises when I load the image from an external domain. Locally loaded (thus not embedded) images work fine. From other domains the image-animation shows "jitter", shaky movement. I have looked into the problem several months ago and all i could find where posts concerning the same troubles but with no solution.
            Do you have any suggestion as to where I should look?

Ad Problem 2.
            I will have to experiment some more with the Bitmap data class. Thanks.
            • 3. Re: problem with animating external loaded images
              Level 7
              > But the problem arises when I load the image from an
              > external domain. Locally loaded (thus not embedded) images work fine.

Ah - right - I see. Sorry - misunderstood you there. Can't really help I'm
              afraid, as this isn't an issue I've had to contend with...

--
              Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail