3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2006 8:11 AM by pugs

Record Mode  Failure

Gman3000
      It's the craziest thing - I'll set up to record, click the record button, the program does its countdown thing (...4...3...2...1) and then, instead of capturing anything, it drops back to the original Captivate startup interface. Has anyone else had this experience?
        • 1. Re: Record Mode  Failure
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          HI Gman3000 and welcome to our community

Yes, I've seen it. Happens occasionally with PCs and Students in my classes. Seems the "fix", if you will, is to simply restart Captivate. Sometimes even restart Windows.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice you are referring to the countdown. This indicates you are recording audio at the same time as you are recording the movie. Feel free to do what you want, but I would feel remiss if I didn't point out that this won't garner you the best results. Best results will occur by recording your audio as a separate process after you have recorded your movie. Actually, this is the way the motion picture industry does things. They always treat the audio as a separate process. I'm just guessing here that maybe they learned a thing or two about it and that's why they do it this way. ;)

Cheers... Rick :)
          • 2. Re: Record Mode  Failure
            pugs
            I have exactly the same thing. Sometimes I click 'record' and it just goes back to the launch interface.
            • 3. Re: Record Mode  Failure
              pugs Level 1
              I have exactly the same thing. Sometimes I click 'record' and it just goes back to the launch interface.