1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2008 2:20 AM by Newsgroup_User

Why would style impact size?

m2k6
      Hello,
      I use a rounded rectangle sized to 120x120 pixel (x=-60,y=-60). Assign a stock style #10 (green glassy in CS3) symbol export I get 122x122 png choose a different style like the 11th one (red in CS3) export and I get 182x182
      Why is that? There is no indicating while editing the symbol when select-all that it has increased size? Until exported or used on page/layer.

This is creating a nightmare while I try to use these symbol on a page, I get 4 corner anchor points much away from the graphic varying on which style I apply. How can I tell it to remain 120x120 regardless of which style I choose.
      Thank you for helping.
      microspec2k1@delete@hotmail.com
        • 1. Re: Why would style impact size?
          Level 7
          m2k6 wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I use a rounded rectangle sized to 120x120 pixel (x=-60,y=-60). Assign a
          > stock style #10 (green glassy in CS3) symbol export I get 122x122 png choose a
          > different style like the 11th one (red in CS3) export and I get 182x182
          > Why is that? There is no indicating while editing the symbol when select-all
          > that it has increased size? Until exported or used on page/layer.

The style may have a drop shadow or glow that forces an expansion of the
          slice to include it.

--
          Linda Rathgeber - Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------