3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2006 2:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

    PrintJob (k)

    Level 7
      I am having a terrible time trying to get the PrintJob class working.

      I have read tutorials I have tried everything I can think. I know there
      is an issue with Safari on the Mac printing Flash pages, so I am using
      Firefox.

      I have been able to print using the old method:
      on (release) {
      printAsBitmap("PrintHomepage", "bframe");
      }

      Where PrintHomepage is a MC on the page. I would prefer to just print
      whatever page the user is on.

      Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial on this? Everything I have
      found has not worked or been dumbed down enough for me to understand.

      Help, please.

      _Kirk
        • 1. Re: PrintJob (k)
          Level 7
          I found a tutorial on actionscript.org I copied this code into a frame:
          btn.onRelease = function()
          {
          var pj = new PrintJob();
          var success = pj.start();
          if(success)
          {
          pj.addPage (0, {xMin : 0, xMax: 400: yMin: 0, yMax: 400});
          pj.addPage("mc", {xMin : -300, xMax: 300, yMin: 400,
          yMax: 800});
          pj.send();
          }
          delete pj;
          }

          But I get an error. There is something missing or too much something in
          this code.

          -Kirk


          W. Kirk Lutz wrote:
          > I am having a terrible time trying to get the PrintJob class working.
          >
          > I have read tutorials I have tried everything I can think. I know there
          > is an issue with Safari on the Mac printing Flash pages, so I am using
          > Firefox.
          >
          > I have been able to print using the old method:
          > on (release) {
          > printAsBitmap("PrintHomepage", "bframe");
          > }
          >
          > Where PrintHomepage is a MC on the page. I would prefer to just print
          > whatever page the user is on.
          >
          > Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial on this? Everything I have
          > found has not worked or been dumbed down enough for me to understand.
          >
          > Help, please.
          >
          > _Kirk
          • 2. Re: PrintJob (k)
            Level 7
            a "," instead ":" after xMax: 400

            pj.addPage (0, {xMin : 0, xMax: 400, yMin: 0, yMax: 400});

            the Flash help is very clear and detailed about the PrintJob class


            W. Kirk Lutz wrote:

            > I found a tutorial on actionscript.org I copied this code into a frame:
            > btn.onRelease = function()
            > {
            > var pj = new PrintJob();
            > var success = pj.start();
            > if(success)
            > {
            > pj.addPage (0, {xMin : 0, xMax: 400: yMin: 0, yMax: 400});
            > pj.addPage("mc", {xMin : -300, xMax: 300, yMin: 400,
            > yMax: 800});
            > pj.send();
            > }
            > delete pj;
            > }
            >
            > But I get an error. There is something missing or too much something in
            > this code.
            >
            > -Kirk
            • 3. Re: PrintJob (k)
              Level 7
              You, sir are a GOD!

              Thank you. It printed. Now if I could only get it to work in Safari.

              -Kirk



              John Doe wrote:
              > a "," instead ":" after xMax: 400
              >
              > pj.addPage (0, {xMin : 0, xMax: 400, yMin: 0, yMax: 400});
              >
              > the Flash help is very clear and detailed about the PrintJob class
              >
              >
              > W. Kirk Lutz wrote:
              >
              >> I found a tutorial on actionscript.org I copied this code into a frame:
              >> btn.onRelease = function()
              >> {
              >> var pj = new PrintJob();
              >> var success = pj.start();
              >> if(success)
              >> {
              >> pj.addPage (0, {xMin : 0, xMax: 400: yMin: 0, yMax:
              >> 400});
              >> pj.addPage("mc", {xMin : -300, xMax: 300, yMin: 400,
              >> yMax: 800});
              >> pj.send();
              >> }
              >> delete pj;
              >> }
              >>
              >> But I get an error. There is something missing or too much something
              >> in this code.
              >>
              >> -Kirk