• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange new RoboHelp file types

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some weird file types showing up in my RoboHelp project: trb, .trf, .tridxl, .trk, .trl, .trs., .trt, .trtocl, .trv.
I've seen two postings in the RoboHelp forums, but no one seems to know why they're appearing. I found them with Beyond Compare when I was getting ready to check them into source control (Microsoft Visual Studio).

Does anyone know what these are? They didn't show up in Adobe's knowledgebase or in a Google search.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not positive, but I think I saw some of these before. They were temporary files that appeared during output generation. When RH was done generating the output files, the files disappeared.

If I'm recalling/identifying these files correctly, then maybe that means your output generation didn't terminate cleanly. I wouldn't put those files into source control.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just saw this in action. The files do appear during output generation. They go away when you close the dialog box that tells you help was generated.

I'm using RH6.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Gina.
If you display your output view when you compile, are there are messages displayed which would give a clue as to why these files are left behind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp