2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 8:13 AM by BlueVision1985

ColumnSeries / DataTip problem

BlueVision1985
      Hi there,

I'm busy to create a ColumnChart, that contains one ColumnSeries and two LineSeries. I'm also using a DataTip, that will be visible when the cursor of the mouse hits one of the given Series.

My problem is ColumnSeries will show the DataTip only at the lefside (33 percent) of a bar. When I'm over 33 percent, the DataTip was invisible. In case when I'm only using the ColumnSeries, it works correct.

Is there anyone who can help me? In fact I want to display my DataTip, when the mouse is rolling over a bar. Even more than the 33% percent it is now.

Kind regards,
      Sjors
        • 1. Re: ColumnSeries / DataTip problem
          bholli
          BlueVision1985,
          Can you post a code sample?
          • 2. Re: ColumnSeries / DataTip problem
            BlueVision1985 Level 1
            <mx:series>
            <mx:ColumnSeries id="cs1" verticalAxis="{v1}" horizontalAxis="{h1}" dataProvider="{chartObjectList}" showDataEffect="{interpolateWeight}" itemRenderer="{ItemRenderer}" xField="date" yField="weightValueOrig">
            <mx:filters>
            <mx:DropShadowFilter angle="343" blurX="4" blurY="4" distance="8" alpha="0.6" color="0xbfc8b7" knockout="false" quality="1" strength="1" inner="false" hideObject="false"/>
            </mx:filters>
            </mx:ColumnSeries>

<mx:LineSeries id="cs2" horizontalAxis="{h1}" dataProvider="{chartObjectList}" displayName="{translationWrapper.getTranslation('chart.fatpercentage')}" form="curve" showDataEffect="{interpolateFat}" styleName="test" visible="false" xField="date" yField="fatValue" >
            <mx:verticalAxis>
            <mx:LinearAxis id="v2" baseAtZero="false" minimum="{lowestFatNumber - (deltaFat * 0.9)}" maximum="{highestFatNumber + (deltaFat * 0.6)}"/>
            </mx:verticalAxis>

<mx:lineStroke>
            <mx:Stroke color="{0xed1c24}" weight="4" alpha="1"/>
            </mx:lineStroke>

<mx:DropShadowFilter angle="45" blurX="4" blurY="4" distance="3" alpha="0.6" color="0xff848c" knockout="false" quality="1" strength="1" inner="false" hideObject="false"/>
            </mx:LineSeries>

<mx:LineSeries id="cs3" verticalAxis="{v1}" horizontalAxis="{h1}" dataProvider="{chartObjectList}" showDataEffect="{interpolateWeight}" xField="date" yField="targetWeight" form="curve" visible="false">
            <mx:DropShadowFilter angle="343" blurX="4" blurY="4" distance="8" alpha="0.6" color="0xbfc8b7" knockout="false" quality="1" strength="1" inner="false" hideObject="false"/>
            </mx:LineSeries>
            </mx:series>

----------------

This is a part of the my seriescode (the outline sucks, sorry for that). My Chart-component is using a dataTipRenderer.

A research has learned that it is possible to set a type (stacked, overlaid, 100%), but this gives me the same result as now.

If you want to view more code, give me a sign.