• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks not showing in "insert hyperlink" list

Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help. I have hyperlinks to academic references throughout my project. The last couple I've tried to add haven't worked - I create the bookmark at the destination, then highlight the text in the project I want to link from, click the insert hyperlink button and insert my screen tip text, but when I scroll down the list of available bookmarks the one I've just created doesn't appear. I've saved all files so that isn't the problem. Strangely, if I skip to the next instance it happens again (that is, doesn't work), but the next one works OK. This is the code for the four bookmarks - the first works, the next two don't, the last one does.

<p class=InlineNormal1><a name="26._Chokkalingam_A,_Scherer_R,_Dickersin_K._Concordance_of_data_between_conference_abstracts_and_full_reports_[abstract]._In:_6th_International_Cochrane_Colloquium;_1998_Oct_22-26;_Baltimore,_MD,_USA._1998."></a>26.
Chokkalingam A, Scherer R, Dickersin K. Concordance of data between conference
abstracts and full reports [abstract]. In: <i>6th International Cochrane
Colloquium</i>; 1998 Oct 22-26; Baltimore, MD, USA. 1998. </p>

<p class=InlineNormal1><a name="27._Tooher_R,_Middleton_P,_Griffin_T,_Pham_C,_Hopewell_S._How_different_are_conference_abstracts_of_surgical_RCTs_from_the_subsequent_full_publication?_[abstract]._In:_12th_Cochrane_Colloquium:_Bridging_the_Gaps;_2004_Oct_2-6;_Ottawa,_Ontario,_Canada._2004._p._137-8."></a>27.
Tooher R, Middleton P, Griffin T, Pham C, Hopewell S. How different are
conference abstracts of surgical RCTs from the subsequent full publication?
[abstract]. In: <i>12th Cochrane Colloquium: Bridging the Gaps</i>; 2004
Oct 2-6; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. 2004. p. 137-8.</p>

<p class=InlineNormal1><a name="28._Dundar_Y,_Dodd_S,_Williamson_P,_Dickson_R,_Walley_T._Case_study_of_the_comparison_of_data_from_conference_abstracts_and_full-text_articles_in_health_technology_assessment_of_rapidly_evolving_technologies:_does_it_make_a_difference?_Int_J_Technol_Assess_Health_Care_2006;22:288-94."></a>28.
Dundar Y, Dodd S, Williamson P, Dickson R, Walley T. Case study of the
comparison of data from conference abstracts and full-text articles in
health technology assessment of rapidly evolving technologies: does it
make a difference? <i>Int J Technol Assess Health Care</i> 2006;22:288-94.</p>

<p class=InlineNormal1><a name="29._Song_FJ,_Fry-Smith_A,_Davenport_C,_Bayliss_S,_Adi_Y,_Wilson_JS,_et_al._Identification_and_assessment_of_ongoing_trials_in_health_technology_assessment_reviews._Health_Technol_Assess_2004;8:1-87."></a>29.
Song FJ, Fry-Smith A, Davenport C, Bayliss S, Adi Y, Wilson JS, et al.
Identification and assessment of ongoing trials in health technology assessment
reviews. <i>Health Technol Assess</i> 2004;8:1-87. </p>

Any suggestions more than gratefully received.

Thanks

Colin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's the length of the bookmark and the resulting link to the bookmark (which, of course, is increased by whatever folder paths are part of the link, as well).

Your character counts are:

1. 217
2. 277
3. 294
4. 208

You might try shrinking bookmark #2 or #3 to just a few characters, as a test.

There must be some method you could use to seriously shorten these bookmarks! Perhaps some grouping by categories?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I just tried building my first Bookmark link. As in your case it was easy to insert the target Bookmark. It description was "Renewal". Selected text in the same topic - farther down: "(see above)", then tried setting up a hyperlink. But it didn't let me choose bookmark as a target. Is a bookmark not intended to work as a jump-to location using a hyperlink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you save the topic after you add the bookmark, before you try to add a link to it and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp