• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record box size

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My project has canvas size of 800*600. The images i use are 631*435. For one slide i would like to use a recording of drag-drop movement of our software etc. i click on record. record only allows me a box of 800*600. however my screen is 1280 * 1024 so 800 by 600 is to small. when taking an image i just resize to what i need. i was hoping to do the same with recordings. however i cannot find an option to allow me to record at full screen size. Secondly if i do find a resize record option is i then possible to resize the recording? Thanks, Ellen
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellen

One possibility is to create an entirely new Captivate project. Then record the full screen of the steps you want. After that, you may click Project > Resize Project and reduce the new project to 800x600 (Note that some quality loss will occur when doing this). You could then insert that new project into the existing project to add the missing steps.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your advise. I will try that out. In the mean time I downloaded trial version of Camtasia and managed to create an insertable avi file and reduce to required size with no loss of quality so have at least a one solution although using on another piece of software not ideal so hoping the alternative is good enough quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources