4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2006 12:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

No images on webpage

gmidesign
      I have recently posted a test page on 2 free servers (geocities & bravehost) but I seem to be the only person that can view the images.

The webpage was totally constructed in Fireworks MX with a disjoint rollover and exported to Dreamweaver MX and inserted in a blank webpage.

This is my first effort using Fireworks so I was rather surprised that it worked at all, this soon turned to disappointment when I found that my laptop seems to be the only PC that I know of that can get the entire page. Everybody else just gets the DW background and image placeholders.

Any ideas anyone. The link is below:

http://gmidesign.bravehost.com/jackie1.html
        • 1. Re: No images on webpage
          Level 7
          Look at the code of your page and you will see why you are the only one
          that can see it. All your image links are pointing to your hard drive.

alex

gmidesign wrote:
          > I have recently posted a test page on 2 free servers (geocities & bravehost)
          > but I seem to be the only person that can view the images.
          >
          > The webpage was totally constructed in Fireworks MX with a disjoint rollover
          > and exported to Dreamweaver MX and inserted in a blank webpage.
          >
          > This is my first effort using Fireworks so I was rather surprised that it
          > worked at all, this soon turned to disappointment when I found that my laptop
          > seems to be the only PC that I know of that can get the entire page. Everybody
          > else just gets the DW background and image placeholders.
          >
          > Any ideas anyone. The link is below:
          >
          > http://gmidesign.bravehost.com/jackie1.html
          >
          • 2. No images on webpage
            gmidesign Level 1
            quote:

Look at the code of your page and you will see why you are the only one that can see it. All your image links are pointing to your hard drive.

alex

Thanks Alex,

Silly mistake to make.
            I assumed (wrongly) that Studio MX being the sophisticated tool that it claims to be would have altered the file src to suit. I also assumed (again wrongly) that as I had exported it to DW as a one piece .gif that the images were imbedded.

All I need now is to find some free hosting (cheap skate that I am) that supports rollovers.

Thanks again.

Grahame
            • 3. Re: No images on webpage
              Level 7
              This kind of error usually means that you have not defined a local site
              properly.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
              ==================

"gmidesign" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:ei29m2$rdp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >
              quote:

> that
              > can see it. All your image links are pointing to your hard drive.
              >
              > alex
              >

>
              > Thanks Alex, silly mistake to make. I assumed (wrongly) that Studio MX
              > being
              > the sophisticated tool that it claims to be would have altered the file
              > src to
              > suit. I also assumed (again wrongly) thatas I had exported it to DW as a
              > one
              > piece .gif that the images were imbedded.
              >
              > All I need now is to find some free hosting (cheap skate that I am) that
              > supports rollovers.
              >
              > Thanks again.
              >
              > Grahame
              >

• 4. Re: No images on webpage
                Level 7
                Hosts don't support rollovers, html code does. You need to find a host that
                will allow you to FTP upload your pages, images, style sheets and other
                supporting files to a root that can read your home page (indes.htm,
                index.html, index.shtml, default.asp, etc.,)

Images are not embedded, they are referanced from another location inside
                your site structure. (that is why sometimes you see an image set in a page
                and sometimes you can see it displayed by itself in your browser)

Studio MX is a sophisticated tool, but if you don't understnad how html
                works, it may seem that it is not. The very function of the web, and the
                variety of the browsers used to view it prevents any program from creating
                an all inclusive page with everything neat and tidy that you can just pop up
                on a server.

"gmidesign" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:ei29m2$rdp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >
                quote:

> that
                > can see it. All your image links are pointing to your hard drive.
                >
                > alex
                >

>
                > Thanks Alex, silly mistake to make. I assumed (wrongly) that Studio MX
                > being
                > the sophisticated tool that it claims to be would have altered the file
                > src to
                > suit. I also assumed (again wrongly) thatas I had exported it to DW as a
                > one
                > piece .gif that the images were imbedded.
                >
                > All I need now is to find some free hosting (cheap skate that I am) that
                > supports rollovers.
                >
                > Thanks again.
                >
                > Grahame
                >