• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating an e-book PDF: how to make Front Cover page not a 'spread'

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am typesetting an e-book with InDesign (my first time doing so). and i want the cover page to not appear as part of a spread when i click the "view page display" as "TWO-UP".

have designed it so that the cover page is a 'single page' and then all the following pages are 'spreads' - but when i view my generated PDF it puts page 2 right next to the cover page which i don't want. also it screws up the page numbering as you then have even numbered pages on the left, where in fact they should be on the left.

any tips on how to do this? i would be most grateful. hope i explained the question well enough!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your document open, go to View in toolbar at the top of the page and choose "Page Display." Choose Cover Page showing during Two-Up.

Then, to the left of that, click on Acrobat and Preferences. Choose Page Display, Page Layout, and choose Two-Up Continuous.

Click on Document and check off, "restore last view setting when reopening documents."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2008 Jun 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a free resource for creating amazing ebook covers: http://www.absolutecovers.com/blog/2008/06/03/free-ebook-cover-action-script/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ovi thank you for that! It was exactly what I was looking for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow OVI! Thanks you. Recommeded read for sure there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2008 Aug 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wow, thanks for sharing, this is exactly what i was looking for. I am lucky i found this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines