5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 12:09 AM by (cuteima)

Multiple Files

Is it possible to convert a bunch of Word (excel,jpeg etc) files into one PDF file? This website allows you to browse one file at a time. I wonder whether you can put more files while you browse!
      Here's my problem: I have a contract in my hand (about 6 pages) and I want to have the same thing in PDF format. If I scan the pages I will get 6 .jpeg files. How do I put them together to get one PDF file?
      Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: Multiple Files
          (Aandi_Inston) Level 1
          DON'T scan to JPEG!! That is the worst possible thing you can do with
          scanned text, JPEG is only for photos. Scan to TIFF.

The service won't combine the files, but you can: place each of the
          TIFF files on a separate page in a Word document, then convert that.

Aandi Inston
          • 2. Re: Multiple Files
            Level 1
            Dear vruyr

If you have Adobe Acrobat you can print 6 images directly into PDF in
            6 continuous coverted, merged pdf files.

Process: lineup your 6 jpeg images on your desktop.
            Right click with your mouse on the first image. A notification appears.

Click 'Print'. You will be asked which printer you want to use.
            Opt for Adobe distiller/or any pdf converter, which prints the photos

It will ask you one or all. you select all. Give name and destination
            directory path [desktop] for the output file.

The printer will print all, and merge as one file containing 6 beautifulphots in a row. If the photos needs to be rotated for correct read position, click 'Document' click rotate, click all for the right option

That's it. Done

Dinkar
            • 3. Re: Multiple Files
              Level 1
              Dear vruyr

Please ignore my previous message. I conducted a practical trial now.
              Hence this corrected version.

If you have Adobe Acrobat you can print 6 images directly into PDF in
              6 continuous converted, merged pdf files.

Process: lineup your 6 jpeg images on your desktop.
              Right click with your mouse on any one of the 6 image icon. A 'Preview appears.

Click 'Print'. You will be asked which printer you want to use.
              Opt for Adobe distiller/or any pdf converter, which prints the photos.

It will ask you one or all. you select all. Give name and destination
              directory path [desktop] for the output file.

The printer will print all, and merge as one file containing 6 beautiful phots in a row. If the photos needs to be rotated for correct read position, click 'Document' click rotate, click all for the right.
              • 4. Re: Multiple Files
                Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                > If you have Adobe Acrobat ...

A user of Adobe Acrobat doesn't need the 'Create Adobe PDF Online' service.
                • 5. Re: Multiple Files
                  Hi Dinkar,

I have tried the procedure you described for converting a bunch of files into one, continguous .pdf. I have five .pdf files that I would like to convert into one .pdf. I lined them up on the desktop, right-clicked on the first file and clicked "Print", but although it brought up a Preview of the file, it also brought up a "Save As" box, asking me to save the file. When I tried to get to a Print option by opening up the file in Adobe, the only Print options were my regular printer and CuteFTP or something. Can you help, please?

Thanks!