2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2008 11:34 AM by pixlor

Andy Warhol style

PacificPath
      Please don't shout at me if this is in the wrong place!!!

was visiting a school last week and in the makeshift art gallery saw some Andy Warhol style pictures the older kids had done(the 10 and 11 yr olds i think). The "photos" were of one another taken with a digital camera, then edited using the school's software.

I understand they had used paint/photoshop to manipulate them into just the 2 solid colours.

Was wondering if this may be possible to do with Fireworks? Or is it only possible with Paint or Photoshop?

How would I do this?

Many thanks in advance. All help much appreciated.

Vans
        • 1. Re: Andy Warhol style
          Level 7

You can probably get something very close by going to Filters > Adjust
          Color > Color Fill and playing around with modes. You can add multiple
          Color Fills with different colors and modes.
          Tweek using Filters > Adjust Color > Levels

alex

PacificPath wrote:
          > Please don't shout at me if this is in the wrong place!!!
          >
          > was visiting a school last week and in the makeshift art gallery saw some Andy
          > Warhol style pictures the older kids had done(the 10 and 11 yr olds i think).
          > The "photos" were of one another taken with a digital camera, then edited using
          > the school's software.
          >
          > I understand they had used paint/photoshop to manipulate them into just the 2
          > solid colours.
          >
          > Was wondering if this may be possible to do with Fireworks? Or is it only
          > possible with Paint or Photoshop?
          >
          > How would I do this?
          >
          > Many thanks in advance. All help much appreciated.
          >
          >
          > http://www.vanbag.co.uk
          >
          • 2. Re: Andy Warhol style
            pixlor Level 4
            Use Filters > Adjust Color > Curves... Click on the diagonal line in two points, drag the upper point as close to the top as you can and the lower point as close to the bottom as you can. Then, try to make the line between your new points vertical. You should get a four-color image. (I can't get my points to the exact top and bottom, which would be ideal.)

If the colors look too strange for you, use Commands > Creative > Convert to Grayscale, first.

You'll have to tweak the position of your vertical line to get good shapes for the photo. Sometimes, a bit of contrast and brightness adjustment in the beginning can be helpful. Once you feel the resulting shapes make a good Warholesque image, use the paintbucket tool to fill the areas with the colors you want.

Have fun!