1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 7:34 AM by Newsgroup_User

Error message in Dreamweaver CS4

Neil_Page
      Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can help me. I've recently purchased Web Premium CS4, and I've started to get an error message in Dreamweaver.

The message reads as follows: "A script in file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Common\Scripts\dwscriptsExtData.js has been running for a long time. Do you want to continue?"

When I click 'yes', the message disappears, and then reappears immediately. If I click no, I get another error message, after which the original error pops back up.

This is starting to annoy me! I only purchased last week!

Any ideas?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Error message in Dreamweaver CS4
          Level 7
          Neil_Page wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I wonder if anybody can help me. I've recently purchased Web Premium CS4, and
          > I've started to get an error message in Dreamweaver.
          >
          > The message reads as follows: "A script in file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe
          > Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Common\Scripts\dwscriptsExtData.js has
          > been running for a long time. Do you want to continue?"
          >
          > When I click 'yes', the message disappears, and then reappears immediately. If
          > I click no, I get another error message, after which the original error pops
          > back up.
          >
          > This is starting to annoy me! I only purchased last week!
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks

Sounds like an extension may be incompatible with CS4. Turn them all off
          and see if that helps. Then turn them back on one by one.

--
          Posting Guidelines
          http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
          How To Ask Smart Questions
          http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html