4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 10:14 AM by Newsgroup_User

CSS Content

meesonator
      Hi, i have a "content" div tag in a template defined in an external style sheet with the height set to auto because in different pages the "content" div contains different elements. in firefox and other non-IE browsers the tag does not expand unless the float left/right is set, but then the tag isn't centred in the window, does anyone know how to fix this?
      Cheers
        • 1. Re: CSS Content
          Level 7
          meesonator wrote:
          > Hi, i have a "content" div tag in a template defined in an external style sheet
          > with the height set to auto because in different pages the "content" div
          > contains different elements. in firefox and other non-IE browsers the tag does
          > not expand unless the float left/right is set, but then the tag isn't centred
          > in the window, does anyone know how to fix this?
          > Cheers
          >
          Just dont set any height on the <div>. The content will find its own
          height and the <div> will expand to accommodate it.

• 2. Re: CSS Content
            Level 7
            1st, there's no need to set height to auto as that is the default. Beyond
            that it's unlikely you will get a complete solution unless you show us the
            page "in the wild" so we can see exactly what's going on.

Link please...

--

Walt

"meesonator" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ge4rrd$1ap$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi, i have a "content" div tag in a template defined in an external style
            > sheet
            > with the height set to auto because in different pages the "content" div
            > contains different elements. in firefox and other non-IE browsers the tag
            > does
            > not expand unless the float left/right is set, but then the tag isn't
            > centred
            > in the window, does anyone know how to fix this?
            > Cheers
            >

• 3. Re: CSS Content
              meesonator Level 1
              i did this but it only expanded in IE but in all other non-IE browsers the <div> did not expand,
              but anyway i decided to define the height on each page separatly using a new style, annoying but it gets the job done
              • 4. Re: CSS Content
                Level 7
                Bad idea, really. What if someone resizes the text in their browser?

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                ==================

"meesonator" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:ge4srk$2n8$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                >i did this but it only expanded in IE but in all other non-IE browsers the
                > <div> did not expand,
                > but anyway i decided to define the height on each page separatly using a
                > new
                > style, annoying but it gets the job done
                >