2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2008 3:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

Interactive CD

CJ KY

I am trying to create an interactive CD for a project. I've heard that Adobe Director 11 could do that. Is there a tutorial available for this process? I'd like to try going through the steps to see if this product is really going to do what I need it to before we make a purchse. I'm playing with the trial version right now. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Interactive CD
          adam@blueapplestudio Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: CJ KY

I am trying to create an interactive CD for a project. I've heard that Adobe Director 11 could do that. Is there a tutorial available for this process? I'd like to try going through the steps to see if this product is really going to do what I need it to before we make a purchse. I'm playing with the trial version right now. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Could you give some specifics on what your application needs to be able to do? Do you just need to know how to make the application autorun from a cd, or is there some specific functionality you are trying to hunt down?

• 2. Re: Interactive CD
            Level 7
            CJ KY schrieb:
            >
            > I am trying to create an interactive CD for a project. I've heard that Adobe
            > Director 11 could do that. Is there a tutorial available for this process?
            > I'd like to try going through the steps to see if this product is really going
            > to do what I need it to before we make a purchse. I'm playing with the trial
            > version right now. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >

Director is able to create virtually everything you desire - it's just a
            question of how much coding you're willing/ able to invest.

As for tutorials - of course you'll find hundreds of tutorials for all
            kinds of things, but since your question is quite a bit unspecific, you
            won't get any answer here. (It's like asking for a tutorial for "making
            graphics" with Photoshop.)