3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2009 8:59 PM by Headache720

Disable Auto-Save

I would like to be able to save to disk only those files which are currently being used within the session, and I want to be prompted to save these said files only when I choose to save the session itself. If the files aren't being used in the session, they won't be given the chance to be saved to disk until closing the session.

This was how things were done in 1.5, and it needs to be brought back. I have folders full of useless takes that are filling up my HD and I haven't the patience to go through them all for deletion. I didn't want them saved to begin with!
        • 1. Re: Disable Auto-Save
          Are we talking about saving new sessions and leaving files associated with previous sessions unmutilated? If that's the case I absolutely agree.
          • 2. Re: Disable Auto-Save
            SuiteSpot Level 4
            > I would like to be able to save to disk only those files which are currently being used within the session

Using ASIO the audio is streamed to the disk - so its already 'saved'.

> I have folders full of useless takes that are filling up my HD and I haven't the patience to go through them all for deletion. I didn't want them saved to begin with!

Then you need to be using this application - it will sort all that out and deal with multiple sessions as well.
            http://www.mediasweeper.com.au
            • 3. Re: Disable Auto-Save
              Headache720

OH MY GOD!!! U TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!

THE TERM YOU ARE REFERING TO IS CALLED "DIRECT-TO-FILE RECORDING" IN MULTI-TRACK VIEW, AND I AGREE! THEY SHOULD ATLEAST HAVE AN OPTION TO "DISABLE DIRECT-TO-FILE RECORDING"... EVEN PRO-TOOLS HAS THAT... I CANT BELIEVE THEY TOTALLY SWITCHED UP ON US