7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 7:57 AM by ryclark

1.5 The Best!!!

as an electronic music producer as well as an experienced audio editor for commercials or moive sound, I feel that adobe audition 1.5 works just better than audition 2.0 or even 3.0. I like what you did with the visuals of 2.0 and 3.0, but the functionality of 1.5 is stronger than the later versions. What I mostly do is multitracks for making audio songs and we use a lot of tracks, and the precision of 1.5 is better than 2.0 or 3.0. I would really like to see in the future an audition than meets the standards of 1.5 and has the look of 2.0 or 3.0, but is more advanced and "precise" as 1.5. I have many years of experience with audio creation and editing.
        • 1. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
          SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6
          >...the precision of 1.5 is better than 2.0 or 3.0.

Rubbish - it's no different.

>I have many years of experience with audio creation and editing.

And I have many decades of it, and actually know what I'm talking about.
          • 2. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
            MusicConductor Level 3
            Andre, this has been discussed here many times, because AA1.5 and AA2/3 are essentially different programs. AA2 was not good, but AA3 is pretty wonderful. As far as what is most helpful to you, well, that's your personal preference. Each has significant advantages and disadvantages, but AA3 is the most feature-complete and robust.
            • 3. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
              Lebon14

AA3?  Robust?  You're kiding me!  On a Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz with 2GB of RAM, IT LAGS LIKE HELL.

I agree with the OP for 1.5.  Rather lightweight and has everything I need to mix music (as in MEGAMIX) and prepare Audio CDs.  I'm pretty sure that if I would do music, it would be as awesome as your v3.

• 4. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
                djwayne2000

I recently did my own experiments with 1.5 and 3.0 and all though I like the simplicity of 1.5, I missed the updated mixing console meters,  the iZotope Multi-Band Compressor, and Studio Reverb found in AA 3.

I also like being able to record midi files in Audition 3.

I also like having the color options of the GUI.

I also like the idea that my recordings are now recorded directly to disk.

So I have reverted back to AA 3 and I hope there will be an AA 4.0 with expanded midi features.

• 5. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
                  Headache720

I AGREE FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT 3.0 AND 2.0 BOTH HAVE DIRECT-TO- FILE RECORDING. THIS MEANS THAT EVERYTHING U RECORD IN MULTI TRACK VIEW MUST BE SAVED... WHY CANT I JUST HIT RECORD AND RECORD OVER IT WHEN I MESS UP?  WITH OUT HAVING TO GO BACK AND DELETE MY MESSED UP TAKES TO FREE UP SPACE AND MAKE MY COMPUTER RUN FASTER???... I THINK THAT FU**ING SUX!

THEY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE AN OPTION 2 UN-ENABLE DIRECT-TO-FILE RECORDING

ON THE OTHER HAND... 3.0 HAS SOME MUCH BETTER EFFECTS AND THE SOUND QUALITY OF MY RECORDINGS EVEN COME OUT BETTER THAN 1.5

• 6. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
                    th23434

I agree with Headache... a disk cleanup function like in Protools would be superb. I hate finishing projects and having to go back and delete useless files

. This especially goes for the Freezing of tracks - the re-freeze every time you do a session iteration save, which is very necessary cause recovery doesn't work!!

• 7. Re: 1.5 The Best!!!
                      ryclark Level 6

You need MediaSweeper from here

http://www.suitespotstudios.com/MediaSweeper.htm