1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 11:47 AM by SteveG(AudioMasters)

Rotary knobs/tregions/tempos

Level 1
      Change all rotary knobs to sliders. Add ability to change settings via click on knob/slider and use keyboard arrows keys or numeric pad.

Why markers and not regions? I know you can set a marker and specify the start and end time, but why not call it what everyone else does a region.

Designate multiple tempo changes within a single wav file via markers/regions, while locking playback speed of original/marked file.

As I am 5 days into the trial version I realize some of what I am asking may already be included and I have not figured out how to do it yet.

On the plus side,I am extremely impressed by Audition's audio engine and it's spectacular sound!
        • 1. Re: Rotary knobs/tregions/tempos
          SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6
          >Change all rotary knobs to sliders.

I don't think that there's room to do that - and I don't think that it would look too good either.

>Why markers and not regions? I know you can set a marker and specify the start and end time, but why not call it what everyone else does a region.

Because a cue mark isn't a region. The time between two cue marks has always been called a range, and just because other software, in my view inaccurately, calls it a 'region (which I regard as being a part of the country you live in) is no reason for Audition to do so.

>On the plus side,I am extremely impressed by Audition's audio engine and it's spectacular sound!

Whilst I'm glad that you are impressed, I have to say that Audition has no sound of its own at all - it's strictly neutral. Unless you do something specific to alter it, what goes in is exactly what comes out.