4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2008 4:52 AM by Bo vellum

Manual Pitch Correction - Track Reference Needed

SuiteSpot Level 4
      In Edit View/Effects/Pitch Correction - Manual tab there is no reference for the pitch.

What I mean is if you are pitch correcting a vocal it would be nice to select another track that you have recorded (say a piano or guitar) which you could have playing as well as a reference. Possibly even a volume control to turn the backing up or down while previewing.

This would be a real productive addition.
        • 1. Re: Manual Pitch Correction - Track Reference Needed
          Bo vellum Level 1
          Even a bubble pop-up displaying the exact pitch at that point would be incredible. I have a hard time working in the manual area because it is difficult to know exactly where you are - meaning, the cursor does not seem to correspond to what you are hearing. They are out of sync somehow.
          • 2. Re: Manual Pitch Correction - Track Reference Needed
            SuiteSpot Level 4
            I haven't had the out of sync problem but hey the bubble pop or something like that would be better than me trying to remember what I'm trying to shift the pitch to.

BTW the manual pitch correction is still great - there hasn't been any too many (pretty poor) singers that I've recorded that haven't benefited from this little miracle :-)

PS and they all think they sang it themselves!
            • 3. Re: Manual Pitch Correction - Track Reference Needed
              SuiteSpot Level 4
              > I have a hard time working in the manual area because it is difficult to know exactly where you are - meaning, the cursor does not seem to correspond to what you are hearing

I had dismissed this statment too readily thinking what's jon on about its blatantly obvious what's going on

That was until the EXACT same thing suddenly happened to me DOH!

After uninstalling new vsts defraging drives and everything short of kicking the dog I discovered the solution!!

Somehow (and don't ask me how cause I never access the screen) the 'Enable Preroll and Postroll Preview' was ticked in the 'automatic' tab of the Pitch Correction effect

Untick it and manual correction now becomes obvious where you are - ie the cursor now corresponds to what you are hearing.

WooHoo :-)
              • 4. Re: Manual Pitch Correction - Track Reference Needed
                Bo vellum Level 1
                Thanks Runaway - ill check that next round!