6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2008 8:22 AM by Bo vellum

Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration

Bo vellum Level 1
      The color options are fantastic in 3.0 but for one single problem. If configured to a dark color - I use a very deep blue - the Track number box in multitrack mode cannot be read without putting the cursor in the window (then it blinks brightly because it is highlighted and ready to be relabeled). It seems that it needs to be programmed to show against any color configuration, without having to place the cursor there.
        • 1. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
          Bo vellum Level 1
          actually, this problem is in multiple places such as the effects and eq screens where you cannot see the on/off and freeze buttons until they are activated. Very hard to locate them. I have come across the issue in multiple places but have been to busy to write them down as I go.

It is an awesome feature to be able to control the colors but if it stands in the way of functionality, obviously it is a problem.

Keep up the awesome work guys!! much love and respect coming from this user.
          • 2. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
            Bo vellum Level 1
            Here is a screenshot example. The top white circle is what it always looks like. The bottom is if i click in the box - which is a real pain to have to do. If you look around the screenshot, other numbers and labels are in various greys and completely readable.

Photobucket
            • 3. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
              SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6
              I'm sorry, but this request rather puts me in mind of the following:

Patient: "Doctor, Doctor, whenever I clasp my hands behind my back and pull, it hurts!"

Doctor: "Don't do it then..."

I understand what you are saying, but it does seem as though you are making things a little difficult for yourself!
              • 4. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
                Bo vellum Level 1
                Well it puts me in the mind of the following:

"If it aint broke, dont fix it".

I have used audition for years and had almost exactly the same color setup all the way back to Cool Edit - and everything was totally visible - and those versions actually allowed me to take it even darker.

So who decided to "fix" it?
                • 5. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
                  SteveG(AudioMasters) Level 6
                  >So who decided to "fix" it?

Hmm... this all happened with AA2.0 initially - and that was done to an Adobe corporate (grey) plan, to all intents and purposes. There are some things that are bigger than all of us, it would seem...

I suppose that in an ideal world, a lot of people would say that being able to 'skin' Audition would be the answer, but that doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid. My attitude to this is quite simple; Audition is a tool, and I don't care what colour it is, as long as it works properly. Yes, it should look okay, but mostly that's to do with being able to see what's necessary at any given time, and by and large, I can.

But, doing what you want could be regarded as an option, and as I've said elsewhere, I think that options are a Good Thing. The only snag is that I rather suspect that more colour options will come some way down the priority list - unless, that is, they are easy to do. In that case you perhaps stand a better chance!
                  • 6. Re: Cannot read track number box if using dark color configuration
                    Bo vellum Level 1
                    Indeed, this is a ridiculously insignificant matter and its not upsetting me in any huge way or I would change my color. It is however a mood thing - like candles and incense - none of which fall under the category of tool or necessity. When I posted this originally, I chuckled to myself, knowing full well how far down the list something like this would go...if it even made a list.