9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2008 7:37 AM by (Ben333)

Convenience

Honorable forum,

Nowadays we can produce good (professional) music on medium by means of software sequencers [even with the lite versions with their less features].
      Therefor we can now focus more on convenience (in little things too).
      This means:

1. Automating as much as possible (e.g. every parameter that exists)

2. Clicking as less as possible (RSI).
      Instead of clicking on a button, I just want to point the cursor on it.
      Instead of clicking on a preset name, I just want to point the cursor on it to choose it.

3. Where you must enter a value (e.g. panning/volume), you just click (or pointing) on the box to get a (full) screen with big numbers (available values) and than pointing at your choice.

Than Au guys shall say:

It only takes me 2 clicks for burning a (session data) CD.

Greeting,
      Ben (not Big Ben)
        • 1. Re: Convenience
          Level 1
          You are easily the laziest person I've run across on this forum. You obviously want the program to do everything for you. I'm surprised you haven't requested that the program choose the presets for you and automatically apply them so you don't have to do it.
          This latest post from you is simply restating things you've already requested on this forum. I find it ironic that for someone not wanting to click so much for the sake of convenience you take the time to retype all of your old requests in a new thread. That's not really convenient.

Your clicking finger must be sore because you want the program to save you from clicking.

I bed you want word processor programs to type what you are thinking.
          • 2. Re: Convenience
            (*|*) Level 1
            ☺☻☺☻
            • 3. Re: Convenience
              Level 1
              Eric, why do you get so angry about other mans wishes, man? I love you man. How can you treat someone, who loves you, like that. You dont have to do like SteveG (I love him too), for I think he is a very difficult person. Dont go that way man, for it is a dead-way.

Although my arguments have professional meaning, I'll say:

Maybe you are young, you never heard of a mouse arm (RSI).
              Maybe you are young, your eyes are working optimal.
              But when you become 30 or 40 years, than you will know.
              • 4. Re: Convenience
                (*|*) Level 1
                Heh...
                Who cares about that troll, Steve Gagool?
                But if I get that nasty creature, I will shred him out.
                • 5. Re: Convenience
                  SuiteSpot Level 4
                  >Instead of clicking on a button, I just want to point the cursor on it.

>Instead of clicking on a preset name, I just want to point the cursor on it to choose it.

Think about the logic of actually programming this.
                  When will AA know that you are pointing and when you are not?
                  The result would be parameters changing or buttons 'clicking' when you don't want them to.

>you just click (or pointing) on the box to get a (full) screen with big numbers (available values) and than pointing at your choice.

You can actually do this yourself (or part way) by using say 2 (or even 4 - yeah 4 is probably over the top) screens and changing the resolution.

If you don't want to click so much try using an external controller like the Mackie.

Just a thought..
                  • 6. Re: Convenience
                    Floyd King Level 1
                    There is software that will (in effect) click the
                    mouse for you.

Look here:
                    http://www.aerobicmouse.com/

Found by searching the web, I have not used it myself.
                    • 7. Re: Convenience
                      Ozpeter Level 1
                      http://www.soft32.com/download_213195.html

(Just in case anyone who actually does have mouse operation problems due to disbility is reading).
                      • 8. Re: Convenience
                        ryclark Level 6
                        Ben333. I am over 60 and have been using computers for 38 years. I don't have any problems clicking a mouse and I do audio restorations that are very mouse intensive. However I do program a lot of keyboard shortcut keys in Audition for the common operations that I do. Select with the mouse in my right hand, press the appropriate key with my left and the operation is done maybe dozens of times for every few seconds in bad audio. No problem.
                        • 9. Re: Convenience
                          Level 1
                          Thanks very much for the useful replies, Au friends, surprising me. I have red them twice in ten minutes, for they have enough love to compensate the no-love messages some other Au friends sent me.
                          Actually, I was about to take cover, for I expected other angry messages.

Im not a professional; I dont know much/everything of audio software.
                          Thats why I wonder if I must be here or at the plug ins manufacturers for VST automation.