3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2010 1:57 PM by 123polis123

a template file may be replaced by another template file ?

123polis123 Level 1
      a template file may be replaced by another template file ? if yes the two files must have the same editable regions ? only this ?
        • 1. Re: a template file may be replaced by another template file ?
          Level 7
          You can create a new Template file, save it with the same name as an old
          Template file, and all the child pages will be adjusted accordingly. If the
          new file has different editable regions, then the new ones would be added to
          existing child pages. What's more troublesome is what happens if you have
          removed editable regions from the new Template. Then you'll get the
          Inconsistent Region dialog for each child page.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"123polis123" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:geenas$70h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >a template file may be replaced by another template file ? if yes the two
          >files must have the same editable regions ? only this ?

• 2. Re: a template file may be replaced by another template file ?
            Level 7

"123polis123" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:geenas$70h$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >a template file may be replaced by another template file ? if yes the two
            >files must have the same editable regions ? only this ?

Do you mean "can I take one page (or series of pages) that were designed off
            of one DW template and apply a new DW template to that page (or series of
            pages)?"

If so, just open up the page you want to change and from the Menu, do Modify
            | Templates | Apply Template to page. If the editable regions do not match
            in terms of being named exactly the same, you are prompted where to place
            them. I.e., old page had a region called "edit1" but you're wanting to place
            it in the new template in a region called "content1", you'll get a dialog
            box where you can specify "edit1" should now be placed in "content1".

I have no idea if this is what you're asking though, as the question wasn't
            that clear.

• 3. this means files.dwt may accept ONE serverside language, code and NOT required named file.dwt.cfm
              123polis123 Level 1

I found one file.dwt that has serverside code (PHP)

success, this means files.dwt may accept ONE serverside language, code and NOT required named file.dwt.cfm?