5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2008 7:49 PM by Newsgroup_User

Title not showing

kayaker
      I am going crazy trying to figure out what is wrong...

I have mouse overs with swap-image functions for each of the portfolio images. But, on the very 1st one (which is the one that is visible when the page first loads), the title is missing. If the mouse is rolled over the other thumbnails, an iamges shows up on the right and in the top it the title. For the first one, even though the code is the exact same, that title will not show up no matter what I try.

Any thoughts???
        • 1. Re: Title not showing
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          Could it be because you have reused the id="biz-name" over and over?
          • 2. Re: Title not showing
            kayaker Level 1
            But, it works on all of the others....so that seems strange. I reused a lot of the div ids (not just biz-name) and this is the only one that is having a problem.
            • 3. Re: Title not showing
              bregent Most Valuable Participant
              >But, it works on all of the others....so that seems strange.

Well, yeah, I don't think that's the cause of the problem but it is invalid html and will cause other problems for you down the road so you should probably fix it.
              • 4. Re: Title not showing
                kayaker Level 1
                Oh! So, if I am re-using the same styles for a section, like on the biz-name, instead of reusing the same div id, I should rename each div? And then make a copy of the same style in the .CSS and rename it, too. Wow, that is a lot of extra code for the same style repeated.

I guess I could create a class and apply it to the div instead of name the div. Does that make more sense?

Thanks for the info.
                • 5. Re: Title not showing
                  Level 7

>>Does that make more sense?

It's the only thing that does.
                  --

Walt

"kayaker" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:geb1c7$s47$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Oh! So, if I am re-using the same styles for a section, like on the
                  > biz-name,
                  > instead of reusing the same div id, I should rename each div? And then
                  > make a
                  > copy of the same style in the .CSS and rename it, too. Wow, that is a lot
                  > of
                  > extra code for the same style repeated.
                  >
                  > I guess I could create a class and apply it to the div instead of name the
                  > div. Does that make more sense?
                  >
                  > Thanks for the info.
                  >