2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2006 6:38 AM by blemmo

movie clip.

AnotherRandomFlasher Level 1
      hi if i wanted to use the duplicate movie clip. how would i go about choosing where i duplicate the moveclip to?

i want a game where enemies begin on the left side and move to the right

any ideas?
        • 1. Re: movie clip.
          AnotherRandomFlasher Level 1
          anyonehave anything??

ill explain it all.

ive got a movieclip, that when clicked stops moving.

i wish to have several of that same movieclip moving across the screen at different speeds and when clicked to create a new movie clip at the beginning of the left hand side of screen. the clicked moveclip then disappears and yeah.

so bascially its a game where u must kill enemies before they reach otherside of screen and they respawn when killed.
          • 2. Re: movie clip.
            blemmo Level 1
            If you mean duplicate the MC to a certain position, you can do this with the initObject parameter of MovieClip.duplicateMovieClip():
            enemy1.duplicateMovieClip("enemy"+enemycount, enemycount, {_x:0, _y:enemy1._y});

The last parameter is an object that holds init values for the duplicated clip. Set the position there and it gets duplicated to that position.
            Note: it's only possible with the duplicate method of MovieClip, not with the global duplicateMovieClip method.

hth,
            blemmo