6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2009 3:44 PM by BrentMG

.mos files

mloufrost Level 1
      I am helping a gentleman who is using the Mamiya 645 AFD with a digital back from Leaf-Photography. It creates RAW files ending in .mos. We haven't been able to get Photoshop CS3, running on a Mac-Book with OSX 10.5, to open these files without going through an elaborate Leaf
      conversion.

Is it possible to equip CS3 to open these files directly?

Thanks for your help.

Mary Lou
        • 1. Re: .mos files
          MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
          Which Leaf back is it? Do you have an example of such a .mos file that you could post (e.g., via YouSendIt)?
          • 2. Re: .mos files
            mloufrost Level 1
            Eric, the model of the back is: Aptus 17.

We are up in Rocky Mountains with a rather slow Internet connection. A file is 17 megabytes in size and would take a long time to upload.

Is it necessary?

Mary Lou
            • 3. Re: .mos files
              MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee
              Make sure you have the latest version of Camera Raw.

I am able to open and process Leaf Aptus 17 files with CR 4.5 on my MacBook with OS X 10.5.4 and Photoshop CS3.
              • 4. Re: .mos files
                mloufrost Level 1
                We have exactly the same versions installed. Can you outline what procedures you followed in opening these RAW files?

Did you set any specific preferences?

Thanks,

Mary Lou
                • 5. Re: .mos files
                  Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
                  Mary Lou,

Go to About Plug-in in the Photoshop menu and make sure that you do have in fact ACR 4.5 correctly installed. There should be only one instance of ACR showing up there and it should be 4.5.

It sounds like there may be duplicate versions of ACR in that system and/or the Cache has not been purged through the Tools menu in Bridge for each folder containing the images, one by one. DO NOT use the broken global Purge Cache command in Bridge Preferences, as the cache will not rebuild properly after using it.
                  • 6. Re: .mos files
                    BrentMG Level 1

It's been over a year since the last posting on this thread, so I assume the poster has resolved the problem. However, for others - like myself - who are searching to the answer for this problem...

ACR only supports the uncompressed files created by Leaf backs - not the files created with lossless compression. Set the back to create uncompressed files and you should be fine.

-Brent