6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2008 6:34 AM by (Adriana_O.)

Missing Sliders

They were once they - and now POOF - they're gone. Clarity is MIA, along with a few in Sharpening and a few other sliders are gone as well.

Just checked and I have the newest 4.5 Plugin for ACR it's in the Library>Application Support > Adobe > PlugIns > CS3 > File Formats path.

Can you help?
        • 1. Re: Missing Sliders
          Level 1
          If you've installed CR 4.5 in the correct location and there is NO OTHER CAMERA RAW PLUG-IN installed, then you should have the full set of tools and functionality. If you don't then you haven't installed it correctly. If you don't have Clarity, the odds are REAL GOOD that the current installed version is the original 4.0, not 4.5.
          • 2. Re: Missing Sliders
            Level 1
            Jeff--

Can you confirm that this is the correct path: Library > Application Support > Adobe > PlugIns > CS3 > File Formats path

I have a nice and shiny Camera Raw Plug in (version 4.5) in that path listed above... and I missing something???

ERIC
            • 3. Re: Missing Sliders
              Level 1
              >Can you confirm that this is the correct path: Library > Application Support > Adobe > PlugIns > CS3 > File Formats path

It is if the Library you are talking about is the ROOT level Library and not the USER level Library...but this has to be the ONLY Camera Raw plug-in in any CS3 component folder. If you are getting no Clarity, it means that the original 4.0 plug-in is still active somewhere.

Note, simply renaming plug-ins (unless you enter a special character such as ¬) is not enough to disable them from loading...you need to move an old plug-in OUTSIDE of the folders to disable them.
              • 4. Re: Missing Sliders
                Level 1
                Jeff-

YES - I'm using the ROOT level Library, not the User one.

Maaan--- I'm so baffled!

ERIC
                • 5. Re: Missing Sliders
                  Ramón G Castañeda Level 4
                  Eric,

Do a Finder search on Camera Raw. I bet you still have the old version somewhere in there.

Now, I happen not to trust Apple's Spotlight (I refer to that piece of cr@p as Spotblight) or the Finder's Command F function, which also uses Spotblight as its search engine.

Download the free EasyFind from http://www.versiontracker.com and use that to search for Camera Raw.
                  • 6. Re: Missing Sliders
                    Level 1
                    Eric, Launch Photoshop, go to Photoshop>About Plug-in>Camera Raw..
                    1. How many "Camera Raw.." plug-ins are listed? (if more then one, you need to delete the extra)
                    2. Check the plug-in version